JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have the basic model. I will echo what many others have said: nice little rifle, fun to shoot, accurate, very smooth action. A couple of thousand rounds downrange with nary a hiccup. I haven't found ammo it doesn't like. I've found some it shoots especially well. I put Hi-Viz fiber optic sights on mine, front and rear. They work well and retains the sleek profile of the rifle.

I can't think of single thing not to like about them. I've bought 6 or 7 over the years and all have been very nice shooters. It's the standard first .22 my kids got when they were old enough (typically about 8 or so). Some of them taken better care of than others, obviously, ... I mean the rifles... but they all still run and shoot just fine.

Well... come to think of it, on the H001's, at some point they switched the barrel rings from metal to plastic. I didn't care for that at all, but metal rings are pretty cheap from the factory and swap out easy enough. Not that the plastic ones wouldn't have done the job, but just a personal peeve and always swapped them immediately after purchase.

Other than that. Considering the cost to accuracy, function and reliablity... zero complaints and always willing to recommend them. Grandkids coming up now and they'll all be getting their own Henry's, too. No doubt about it.

Great little rifles! Give them a good cleaning after a few hundred rounds. Keeps them running smooth
I bought one for Mom in 2005. For the first handful or years it was used sporadically. Eight years ago I "borrowed" it back to teach my grandson how to shoot. We shoot the crap out of it. I don't clean it as often as Velzey tell us I should. It's been damn near flawless the whole time.

Can't recommend one highly enough.

two things.jpg

If it helps any too, their C.S. is first rate. Things may be different now, but several years back I had one that took a bit of a spill over a rock outcropping. Fell 2 or 3 meters and ended up hitting just right on the hammer. About a 1/4" or so broke off the end but no other damage whatsoever. I called in and got a real person within a couple rings who was very helpful. She charged me $10 for a new hammer.. including shipping... so I figured it was an opportune time to ask about metal barrel rings. Those she charged me $5ea and again shipping was included. Easy peasy... no real qestioned asked and that rifle at the time was probably a good 15yrs old.

About an hour or two later though I got a call from the CEO. He wanted to know details about how it had broken... concerned it might have been a mfg'ing issue. After a chat and realizing it was completely our own error he thanked me for my time to assist them, for buying their rifles and said he would be sending me a set of 6 of their heavy camp mugs as a gift. 🤣

They did and I still use them to this day. Needless to say.... I was highly impressed and solidified me as an even more devout Henry's fan. YMMV

If it helps any too, their C.S. is first rate. Things may be different now, but several years back I had one that took a bit of a spill over a rock outcropping. Fell 2 or 3 meters and ended up hitting just right on the hammer. About a 1/4" or so broke off the end but no other damage whatsoever. I called in and got a real person within a couple rings who was very helpful. She charged me $10 for a new hammer.. including shipping... so I figured it was an opportune time to ask about metal barrel rings. Those she charged me $5ea and again shipping was included. Easy peasy... no real qestioned asked and that rifle at the time was probably a good 15yrs old.

About an hour or two later though I got a call from the CEO. He wanted to know details about how it had broken... concerned it might have been a mfg'ing issue. After a chat and realizing it was completely our own error he thanked me for my time to assist them, for buying their rifles and said he would be sending me a set of 6 of their heavy camp mugs as a gift. 🤣

They did and I still use them to this day. Needless to say.... I was highly impressed and solidified me as an even more devout Henry's fan. YMMV
Believe it or not, there are "Henry Haters" in the world.
Why ?
I do not know. The Henry company is doing everything right.
My theory is that some are Winchester or Marlin fanboys and don't want to acknowledge that there is a new kid on the block.
Henry got criticized for tube fed and no sidegate.
The new models now have both.

Believe it or not, there are "Henry Haters" in the world.
Why ?
I do not know. The Henry company is doing everything right.
My theory is that some are Winchester or Marlin fanboys and don't want to acknowledge that there is a new kid on the block.
Henry got criticized for tube fed and no sidegate.
The new models now have both.
My Winchesters for a Henry's? If forced... my Henry's will have to learn to identify as fence posts. ;)

The Henry series of rim fire lever action rifles , should be taken and understood for their own merits.
They are a fine rifle for what they are.

To compare them to a Winchester , Marlin or Browning lever action .22 rifle is vastly overdone and unwarranted.
While the big 3 mentioned there above all made excellent .22 lever action rifles and carbines...
They were made at a different price point to begin with as well as with different materials.

The Henry is what it is....
A fine lever action .22 at lower price point.
That this rifle has some things that I dislike about it is to be expected , again because of its price point.
If one wants a Winchester , Marlin or Browning and their quality of materials...then buy one
Andy

Golden boy silver, ran flawless and was beautiful but boring as all get out.
The only gun I ever sold, replaced with a Henry in .357 and absolutely love shooting that one.
I never sold my Golden Boy, but really get your "boring as all get out" comment. I bought mine years ago and it ran very smoothly and flawlessly and was fairly accurate for a guy who would be better off with a scope. I've owned it for several years (can't even remember how many) and it has only left the safe twice.

The cast receiver keeps the cost down, not just the weight. If my eyes were what they used to be and I could have shot irons, I'd have liked it better. The scope took away. Compared to things like the Marlin 39, well you can't really. Mine was great and I was happy to have had one. Marlin 39 is $1200CDN at least.

I've got the small game carbine. Love it. Eats all ammo, 22 s/l/lr. You can even mix and match without a hiccup. Action is buttery smooth and I love the peep sights it comes with. Don't care so much about the large loop lever but it's there and works, I guess.

I've got the small game carbine. Love it. Eats all ammo, 22 s/l/lr. You can even mix and match without a hiccup. Action is buttery smooth and I love the peep sights it comes with. Don't care so much about the large loop lever but it's there and works, I guess.
I changed my 1895 from small loop to large loop.
Easy to do.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads