JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For crying out loud, do we really need ANOTHER thread about how great your gun is compared to others, @Captain O ? I mean, it wasn't that long ago that you left these forums because you had several other threads just like this one. You ask opinions about a gun you like, then bash anyone that doesn't agree. And honestly, questioning someone's skills or lack thereof the way you do is just insulting and frankly makes me doubt your own. I can't believe I wasted another evening reading one of your threads that ends in you arguing with members that have contributed A LOT more than you have to this great site. Sheesh, one would think I learned my lesson the first time. Shame on me.

Having a pizzing match isn't doing any one any good. Please stop with the insults Captain O It does nothing good to pound on a guy offering a differing opinion:( Lets move off this to other things more worth while, shall we Gentlemen!

Having a pizzing match isn't doing any one any good. Please stop with the insults Captain O It does nothing good to pound on a guy offering a differing opinion:( Lets move off this to other things more worth while, shall we Gentlemen!

Well said! The road you travel has a higher altitude than my own.

Last Edited:
Now back to the topic/question.

If a feller doesn't appreciate a .44 Special, and/or any revolver, then that's their choice. For folks like me who very much appreciate revolvers and 100+ year-old cartridges, I think any Charter .44 is a great choice. I prefer any reasonable revolver/large cartridge combination over any plastic pistol. And that is my choice.:)

That does not mean, however, that I don't own and/or carry little plastic pistols. There is a time and place for both revolvers, and pistols.

WAYNO.

Now back to the topic/question.

If a feller doesn't appreciate a .44 Special, and/or any revolver, then that's their choice. For folks like me who very much appreciate revolvers and 100+ year-old cartridges, I think any Charter .44 is a great choice. I prefer any reasonable revolver/large cartridge combination over any plastic pistol. And that is my choice.:)

The problem I have with the Boomer is that Charter already makes a nice little snubbie.
What's the advantage here?
I don't see 1/2" of barrel length being much of an issue in a gun this large.
The gas ports are a nice touch, but overall, this just looks like a marketing thing to me.
Something to generate interest in the company.
That being said, I kinda fancy the 4.2" Target version, myself.
Still fairly compact, but infinitely more useful.

Dean

The problem I have with the Boomer is that Charter already makes a nice little snubbie.
What's the advantage here?
I don't see 1/2" of barrel length being much of an issue in a gun this large.
The gas ports are a nice touch, but overall, this just looks like a marketing thing to me.
Something to generate interest in the company.
That being said, I kinda fancy the 4.2" Target version, myself.
Still fairly compact, but infinitely more useful.

Dean
But the Boomer has more "flash bang!" more shock and awe...the shorter barrel does make more noise and the unburned powder makes a bigger flash, Well known in the PsyOps community to make your opponent pee their pants...or maybe not.

I can totally see that in the next iteration they'll give it a little groove squeeze under the barrel.. so you can hang a $400 lazer lite on it for those darkest times.. that are farther than two feet.
"Merica!
No slight on anyone and God bless Fitz.. again.

I carry a Bulldog in .44spl every day. I've never once said to myself "Dang, I really wish this barrel were slightly shorter."
I've also never said "Dang, these sights are so inconvenient. I wish they weren't on my gun."
Thirdly, I've never once thought "Dang, this thing doesn't have near enough muzzle flash, I wish there were some holes in the top of the barrel."
This seems to be a solution in search of a problem.

I understand a laser does the same thing, but less noise & flash
Yes from the side they might viewing it from in frontof the gun its more like "Gee that guy has a red (or green) dot on his hand..... I wonder why?" And no fireworks show! A light show yes, but what fun are they?

Hey this is a friendly disagreement, you don't have to threaten hostilities.

image.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads