JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Most of us have heard the term "belly guns", haven't we? This 2" barreled .44 Special is a redefinition of the term. It has no blade front sight whatsoever. This restricts the five-shot revolver to "bad-breath" range use.

Does anyone have one of these?

Sweet, another reason for people to not use their sights and pray to Jesus. lol
On the other hand, sweet "bear gun".. as the front sight is already removed..

th?&id=OIP.Mc4aab402de92ce51e8d7fcb4f7c9c1abo0&w=300&h=225&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0.jpg

Let's keep the conversation on a higher plane, shall we? I'll admit that my stainless 1991 Charter Arms Bulldog has a limited range, It did save my life on December 25/26, 2005. I was attacked by a man with a machete. I thank the good Lord Jesus that I didn't have to shoot him, but had he not surrendered, I would have killed the man.

The 2" barrel and Magnaporting may make this five-shot, snub-nosed, big bore manageable, but I wouldn't want to attempt to carry a .44 Special with a barrel that is this short!

Ill be honest, Ive never seen anyone hit anything with a snub nosed revolver further than 20-25 yards unless its minute of pie plate anyway, at least most of the CCers I know.

They just call it their belly gun.
I would assume the same logic was used when omitting the front sight.

Let's keep the conversation on a higher plane, shall we? I'll admit that my stainless 1991 Charter Arms Bulldog has a limited range, It did save my life on December 25/26, 2005. I was attacked by a man with a machete. I thank the good Lord Jesus that I didn't have to shoot him, but had he not surrendered, I would have killed the man.

The 2" barrel and Magnaporting may make this five-shot, snub-nosed, big bore manageable, but I wouldn't want to attempt to carry a .44 Special with a barrel that is this short!
Sence of humor,ever heard of these?
Anyway,don't see any need for a one trick pony.

Sence of humor,ever heard of these?
Anyway,don't see any need for a one trick pony.

I think that a carry piece is serious business. (The word is spelled 'sense'... You're welcome). And I have been writing comedy for many years. Humor has it's place, but when it comes to staking your life on a revolver, my sense of humor is elsewhere.

I thank the good Lord AND Jesus

Fixed it for ya cuz of grammar natzi's and all...

Just because someone doesn't agree with everything you say doesn't mean you should start getting condescending.

99% of communication is to communicate what your trying to say. Unless the meaning of the word changes so much because of a spelling error, I think we can all agree auto spell correct has a ways to go before it's perfect.

It's a 'community' forum and as such, sometimes people toss in a funny post - it helps to lighten the sometimes grumpy moods on here.

Let's not stoop to measuring who has the largest internet barrel...o_O

I think that a carry piece is serious business. (The word is spelled 'sense'... You're welcome). And I have been writing comedy for many years. Humor has it's place, but when it comes to staking your life on a revolver, my sense of humor is elsewhere.
So so sorry,my phone missed that word for me.
The gun is still a one trick pony. So I'm guessing this isn't that serious to you or you would buy a better quality gun than a charter arms to defend yourself

I have several smaller handguns. The 1991 Charter Arms revolver that I own, is in excellent condition, shoots well and saved my life that cold December night. I nearly killed a man for his stupidity and arrogance. I'm glad I didn't have to do so.

Joe13: The Lord Jesus is my God... and the phrase is correct.

I have several smaller handguns. The 1991 Charter Arms revolver that I own, is in excellent condition, shoots well and saved my life that cold December night. I nearly killed a man for his stupidity and arrogance. I'm glad I didn't have to do so.

Joe13: The Lord Jesus is my God... and the phrase is correct.

Your God, you call it whatever you want I suppose.

Not sure why your so gung ho about this gun other then it scared someone into not harming you (which is good for sure), so other then sentimental reasons are there any benifits to owning one of these over another gun?

Shoots well and is in excellent condition are both expected of any carry gun.

I'm not "gung ho" (Chinese for "work together") about this revolver. I simply questioned the Forum about input concerning those that own this handgun. I offer neither approval, nor disapproval, concerning this piece.

I'm not "gung ho" (Chinese for "work together") about this revolver. I simply questioned the Forum about input concerning those that own this handgun. I offer neither approval, nor disapproval, concerning this piece.

Ok, apologies then.

Just seemed like someone peed in your Cheerios this morning; I don't remember your other posts as being so confrontational is all.

Could just be me - hope there are no hard feelings.

No hard feelings whatsoever. I have owned good and bad pieces of may a "stripe". Having served as a Sailor, things were different at a Naval Air Station. Civilian security was (evidently) far more dangerous.

I generally carried either a Colt's Trooper Mark III or a Glock Model 20 when on duty. That night I was carrying concealed, and an unannounced, 64-year-old mechanic arrived on site. I had no notification that he was to be there. When he pulled a machete on me, I nearly shot him to death.

Not my idea of a good time.

Last Edited:
Okay, I don't own one of these barbless .44's, but I do have an opinion.

I have owned and shot many Charter's over many years, and I do not understand the lack of love for them. They've all worked exactly like they're supposed to. I can't say that about Taurus', which seems to have a better following.

So, sights or no sights on such a gun? I definitely prefer sights, but in a very emergent encounter, I likely wouldn't be using sights anyway. So if a feller wants this gun, without sights, I would offer no condemnation.

WAYNO.

When these New C.A. 44's came out. I looked at three of them on Keiths table at the gun show.

I picked up all three on the table and with a little drag on the cylinder with my thumb I cocked the guns. All three .44's and two .38's I tested let the hammer fully cock without locking the cylinder into place. BAD TIMING! on all five charter arms!
Some were off enough to launch a Pro-jo into the face of the forcing cone.

Many don't even know how to check timing, cylinder gap, and other areas of concern on revolvers.
I do. And would not buy a S&W, Colt, or any other gun not timed well.

Now I have seen problems on new S&W and colt revolvers in my travels.
But never five in a row! ;)

And just to be fair One of my first revolvers war an early 60's C.A. Bulldog.
The timing was perfect! :D

I have two Charter Arms, five Ruger, one Taurus, one Colt, one Heritage, one NAA, and two S&W revolvers. I like all of them. The Colt, Heritage, and one Ruger are 22's and just for fun primarily. The NAA was my EDC for a long time and often a backup with Magnum loads. but it is a single action five shooter that takes eons to reload if you are in a hurry. I keep the S&W 38 in my pickup, the Taurus 357 in the john, the Charter Arms .40 is on the bed stand and gets fondled every night. I want it to know that I will depend on it first to get me to my AR if there is a bump in the night. With revolvers I won't trust them until they have 100% score regarding going bang, with two boxes of different ammo.
I have one Charter in 40 S&W and the other in 9MM they get to shoot any ammo that I have tried in two separate pistols with poor results. Revolvers are less finicky about ammunition usually. Primers sometimes are an exception. I am looking to buy and have had on order for three months the Nitride version of the 45 ACP Pitbull. I am a Charter Arms Fanboy. Are they as pretty as my Ruger 6" GP100 or 6 1/2" S&W 629? No they are not, but they are durable, reliable, reasonably accurate and on the big side revolvers

I think the OP's 44 question is good, I would certainly own one, but my priority is that Nitride 45.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top