Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

any one want to do a open carry in front of a mosque with charlie hebdo shirts

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by thor, Jan 9, 2015.

1. thor

thor clackamas Member

just kidding.lol

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  2. Gunguy45

Gunguy45 Well-Known Member

Since a very small minority of Muslims support these attacks, maybe we could refrain from taking provocative actions targeting religion of a billion + people?
    I agree entirely that Islam is the religion that many of these wackos cite in their desire for relevance. But it does not follow that all, or even most Muslims support murder in the name of their religion.

How about we parade in front of every Catholic church the name of George Tiller?

3. usagi

usagi Redmond Well-Known Member

let's not.

what's the point, other than being offensive and confrontational? how exactly will your little public temper tantrum make things any better?

best case, you'll look like an idiot. worst case, you'll paint gun owners as irresponsible, irrational morons who get off on hurting people.

4. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Yeah, I don't see how that would be helpful to the situation. I may not agree with Islam, but I'm not up for condemning everyone who follows it. Many Muslims are actively speaking out about these attacks. Yes, we need to condemn these actions, but we need to condemn only those responsible and those that support their actions like ISIS.

And can you imagine the field day the media would have showing open carry folks protesting in front of a mosque? They'd die of ecstasy that they had been so easily handed their top news story about 'crazy gun owners'. The folks in Salem would love to turn that against gun owners too.

206thsense, soberups, decklin and 5 others like this.
  5. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

Other than John Kerry Howard, Dean, and Obama, haven't heard anything from the muslim side. Just where are you hearing this wave of disapproval?

Gumebare, DMax, Brigadier and 2 others like this.
  6. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

I can certainly imagine a lot of 'worst' cases - bad, BAD idea!

7. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

It would be shame to do that and see my Muslim shooting buddy walk out.
    I believe I will have to pass. Thanks for the nice offer tho....:rolleyes:

8. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Do you not watch the evening news? I've seen numerous imams here in the US and in France speak out publicly against this incident.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
    206thsense, soberups and Joe13 like this.
  9. WasrNwarpaint

WasrNwarpaint Portland Well-Known Member

thats the same tactics as the anti gun group use against us.....paint everyone with the same BROAD brush

Petro, kubrick, Caveman Jim and 2 others like this.
  10. frauhunter

frauhunter Central Oregon Member

While I appreciate the sentiment and absolutely love the mental imagery it inspires, I have to concur with the prevailing wisdom on this one - bad action item, far more likely to incite then inspire. Count me as a 'No' vote.

Ex Gladio Libertas

11. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

Not only no, But hell no.

Seems like the equivalent of open carrying at the Sandy Hook school to protest gun restriction.

Those mosque's have nothing to do with terrorists, associating them is bigotry and stupidity and nothing else.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  12. timac

timac Loading Magazines! Well-Known Member

Forms of Islamic Deceit

Taqiyya (Shia) or Muda'rat (Sunni): tactical deceit for the purposes of spreading Islam. [4] [5]

Kitman
    :
    deceit by omission.[6]

Tawriya
    :
    deceit by ambiguity.[7]

Taysir
    :
    deceit through facilitation (not having to observe all the tenets of Sharia).[8]

Darura
    :
    deceit through necessity (to engage in something "Haram" or forbidden).[9]

Muruna
    :
    the temporary suspension of Sharia in order that Muslim immigrants appear "moderate." So through the principle of Hijra (Muslim Immigration), the early Muslims are a "red herring" or a Trojan Horse. The Kafir or Kuffar community gets the false sense that the early immigrants are not a threat, at least until the Muslim community has gained strength.[10]

13. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

I would bet more people have been killed in the name of Christianity than of Mohammed. If not it's probably close to a tossup. I personally have some friends that are Muslims. They are some of the most selfless, giving and family centered people I know. Are they all like that? Nope, that would be almost as dumb as saying they're all terrorists.

Qaolin, RoneKiln, kubrick and 2 others like this.
  14. WARCHOP37

WARCHOP37 Lake Stevens Member

^^^This.

15. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Sorry OP, your on my ignore now.

everthing else I want to say I'll just keep to myself other then:

Don't Feed the Trolls!

206thsense, kenr74, kubrick and 3 others like this.
  16. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Actually, I'm not sorry.

5 years on this board and you have 9 likes, very sad.:oops:

206thsense, kubrick, soberups and 4 others like this.
  17. davef

davef S.E. pdx Active Member

^^^^ congrats Thor, youre the first idiot to earn a spot on my ignore list.

18. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Interesting side story to share.

I know a guy who is Iranian. He was a devote Muslim and fought in the Iraq Iran war. His entire company was killed in a battle and he was severely injured. He was thrown into a mass grave with all of the dead. Someone noticed he was still alive and managed to get him to a hospital. He has been through some really tough stuff in his life.

He says he was a radical Muslim, support of terrorism, hated the US. After the war he was in line to be a judge in Iran. A position he said would allow him to sentence people to death for what ever he felt was wrong. He already had a list written on who he was going to have killed.

One day he had a sudden feeling that everything about what he was doing was wrong. He became a christian and left Iran and lived in a bunch of different countries in europe and the middle east.

He was able to immigrate here many years ago and got his citizenship. He does a lot of humanitarian stuff now and contributes a lot to his community.

I asked him how he felt looking middle eastern in the US given all the racism and terrorism fear going around. He looks just like the Iron Sheik with a giant mustache and all.

He said that in every country he has lived in over his life, that the US has been the most welcoming, least persecutory, least racist place he has ever lived. He is still so happy that he was able to become a citizen.

Made me really proud to be an American hearing him say that.

19. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

I am wondering as to the concept of the 'charlie hebdo shirts' - I try to avoid wearing a target.

soberups and Capn Jack like this.
  20. Babyshark

Babyshark Tacoma Member

Go for it its your right but don't expect any of us to join you. Not all muslims are the same, not all christians are the same, not all atheist are the same, just like not all black and white people are the same, and on and on and on.

206thsense, 308 and MikeE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.