JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
lol we are watching it on dvr right now.

jobless 20 somethign. Buahahahahahhaha

yeah it is the lay of the land. those 3000ft high mountains called the cascades will just disapear

The History Channel is a joke. I am surprised they didn't somehow incorporate extraterrestrials as a possible explanation.

I like how on the guy's map, the part of the PacNW that would be underwater matched the Oregon/Idaho border perfectly except for the southeastern-most corner. Like mother nature cleansing herself of humanity (maybe humanity has given her that not-so-fresh feeling down there?) and she will look at arbitrary geographic divisions like state boundaries in achieving that end.

Hey You bite your tongue raftman!

I love the history channel. But you are right. Their shows do revolve around making sometime pointless theories that at times make no sense and leave you with no answers.

But nonetheless I love it. It's like my reality TV.

Sure beats Jersey Shores or MTV's the Real World.

I sometimes find myself yelling at the TV when watching History Channel a lot. Like that new 'Sons of Guns' show. He makes a big deal about buying what he calls a '203' (M203) for $1500. In reality he spent $1500 on a VERY cheap M203 style FLARE launcher attatched to a very tired looking A2 style AR. Big deal. He attatched a Saiga 12 to the underside of an AR (stealing the design of the 'Masterkey') and sold them for $3000 a piece! Total Hillbilly gun shop. Ugh. The chick on the show appears as though she was kicked in the face too which never helps!

Oh don't get me wrong, the History Channel is a joke, but I love jokes. Just like I enjoy the really bad ninja films from the 1970's and 80's, and really bad sci-fi flicks. They're entertaining to me, but in ways that weren't intended. The same applies to the History Channel. I don't ever actually find Decoded, or Ancient Aliens, their crap about cryptozoology, or whatever else have you at all educational, but it's definitely good for a laugh.

I read a very interesting article that used ACTUAL MATH and PHYSICS and such (I know right? Gore would be so ashamed). It clearly pointed out that the ice caps melting would not actually make the oceans rise much. In order to float, iceburgs need to displace the amount of water equal to their weight. This means they already take up as much space in the water (or close to it) as they would if they melted. More likely, however, the water levels could slightly rise as more glaciers (ice on land) break off and fall into the water, creating iceburgs (ice on water). This being said, the episode of Decoded with the Georgia Guide Stones I thought was pretty interesting. Lets not forget though, the show is called Brad Metzler's Decoded. He is a writer, probably moreso than say an investigative researcher. Therefore his goal is to create interest and sell sell sell, not necessarily answer any long forgotten myths.

The theory about ice displacement would be true for the north polar cap but the south polar cap is over Antarctica which is a land mass and the ice can be three miles deep...

As for the show, I think it is intriguing but doesn't really answer much... :(

I like the show every now and then. It has some interesting topics. The DB Cooper show was ok. As long as you dont always take it all too seriously. They do look at some historical events and people from just outside the box. And I like the Porsche SUV too. :)
Like most tv, its designed to entertain more than to inform.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top