JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i'm about to bubba a finn mosin but got to thinking maybe i should not do any permanent altercations like drilling tapping bending cutting like i did to my remington mosin

soooo

i see the scout scope as a possible option but i have never used one i don't see them as working very good since they are so far from the eye

but i could be wrong

any one use em?

oh and can i change my screen name to bubbabilly

Howdy,
For me I've tried the scout scope mounting on a Mosin Model 38. Could still use the stripper clips. View was fine. Mount wasn't (cheap type that doesn't alter the firearm), couldn't get it to stop moving. Again the sight picture was fine on a cheap 4X 30mm illuminated. If you can get a mount maybe the Darrell's which is supposed to work as described you might enjoy it. My eyes caused the need. I am an anti-bubba on an all original matching s/n good looking Mosin.
rhtwist

they sell scout scopes made with extended eye relief...specifically made for mounting further forward on a rifle. Trying to use a 'normal' scope for this will just end up in disappointment. I think it is a great idea. I've fired an old mauser that was modified with a scout scope, and I found it to be quick and very handy.

YMMV

I have an M44 that uses an S&K style scout mount, rock solid and a million times more reliable than the cheapy ATI style mounts. Get a good long-eye relief pistol scope and it's just as good as a standard mounted set-up. I like the scout style for quick snap shots because you don't really have to refocus your eyes once the scope aperture is brought into your line of sight.

Thanks for the info and thanks for saving me from buying one of the el cheapos i have a finn mosin that i have been wanting to sporterise but because its a finn even though only a $200 rifle seems a shame to start drilling and taping it so my course (unless it sell or is traded) is to try out the a quality scout scope get a new stock for it ( i'll store the old one)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top