JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So this might be sort of random, but I'm doing up my will in case something bad were to happen to me, and I don't know what to do with some of my guns from when I was a kid.

I have a few different youth rifles and shotguns from my younger years and don't have any kids of my own to give them to. I have two nieces that aren't interested in hunting and one nephew who is autistic, so he's out of the question too. I'd like to see them go to a good cause that maybe introduces kids to hunting/firearms and thought that there might be some sort of program that i could give them to rather than just liquidating them..

Anyone know of anything along these lines? Kind of a shot in the dark, but figured I'd toss the idea around and see what popped up...

Don't know how things are on the West side but maybe try 4-H. Call the local extension office. Out in Eastern Oregon 4-H teachings rifle, shotgun and pistol shooting and has an excellent program.

My wife is a 4H leader and she has me trying to start a shooting arm to the Columbia County area group. They posted something in the last extension service news letter about it and are looking for "stuff". They have programs around the state and are trying to fill in the gaps to areas that it is not currently available.

Also, I would not forget Oregon Hunting association. The various chapters have very active youth hunt and gun safety programs. The one at EE Wilson every year and the White river youth Turkey day come to mind. There are many others. Each year they have guys bring guns from home because there are so many kids.

I think we forget a good fit on a gun especially a shotgun makes a big difference in how well you can shot it. We often give kids "that old gun dad use to use” but it may just be making is harder for them.

Just my 2 cents.
:drink:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews