JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I presume it was an SBS from post #6. Why not put the parts on it to make it a legal firearm (stock, proper length barrel) then apply to make it whatever NFA item you want (SBR, SBS,??). Once you have the appropriate form accepted you could then convert it back to what it was?? Certainly not an NFA expert but why wouldn't this work??
if the original owner had converted it back to a non-NFA item and sold it prior to I-594, there would be no tracking of it.

Its an AOW. SBS's have buttstocks. Handyguns are essentially single shot smooth bore pistols.

You can't just take a gun that has already been in the NFA registry ( AKA registered to someone ) and form 1 it. Its out there on a form 4 already . They'd run the numbers and it would come back as in there already and the model itself is a C&R AOW. They know that at the ATF. This has absolutely nothing to do with I-594. The OP and the guy who sold it to the OP have committed federal felonies. Its not a state issue. That handygun was either registered in the NFA registry in 1934 or in the 1968 amnesty and the original Form 4 holder passed away or gave it away , sold it illegally whatever but it is a pile of contraband at this point and can never be anything but that Unless the legal beneficiary form 5's it then it to the OP on a form 4 OR put a rifled barrel on it. There is no reinstating it to the registry as something else on a form 1 or transferring ownership on a form 4 at this point.

The best part about all of this is it is all over $200 and permissions of the above.

OP turn it in and just form 1 your own. Likey a much easier thing to do.

Or delete any online mentioning of it and disappear! Lol.

It is but to transfer that handygun would have been a $5 tax. Somebody dropped the ball somewhere down the road on that one. Its a 2-3K gun depending on condition if it were legal. Its not. It has a value of zero. I think the OP is more interested in preserving a piece of history than actually having an AOW. Its really one of those guns that as long as you didnt go waving it around at the ATF office no one would ever notice its supposed to have a stamp to go with it.

Yep, delete, change screen names and never bring it up again ( and thats why I'm banned on the High Road ) .

Or, I can apply "light rifling" to the barrel to make it a legal pistol. There's no reason to throw it away. I'm just trying to take any other option to preserve it's provenance and value. Having a copy of the original owner's tax stamp to go with it would be awesome, as he's an historical figure.

If it were mine I'd just have it rifled ever so slightly. There really is no standard on rifling twist and depth and for that length of barrel on a .410 you'd probably end up with an 1/8 of a twist breach to muzzle. Finding someone to do it would be the hard part. Might not be original but it would take it out of the purview of the NFA .

I really dont think the OP fully thought out his proclaiming his FELONY acquisition of an illegal NFA regulated firearm on an open forum.

Last Edited:
Like the title says- it seems every gun forum has an NFA thread, and it's all suppressors all the time.
Anybody out there gone through the process and have their registered NFA items?

Sure.

467705-f7cedd864eadbfb2638051452a461539.jpg
Top is an SBS, bottom an AOW.

382270-2413d29391e64c56d3b4e09ba2501c08.jpg

417525-78ebe60d9949bd0fbb3420bdb6b2d273.jpg

Two SBRs. Uh-oh, they have silencers too.

Shameless repost of my SBRs in my PCC collection. Not sure if I am going to SBR the ppsh41 or not.
STEN MK3
Vz61 Skorpion
Omega OM9FS mp5 clone with Franklin binary trigger
SITES Spectre, still need a stock on it. I've given up hope of finding an original so I've designed a AR stock adapter.
PS90 has a submitted Form 1, hopefully will be approved mid next year

I'm thinking of buying a LMT M203 next

c12c9801c2.jpg

Shameless repost of my SBRs in my PCC collection. Not sure if I am going to SBR the ppsh41 or not.
STEN MK3
Vz61 Skorpion
SITES Spectre, still need a stock on it. I've given up hope of finding an original so I've designed a AR stock adapter.

View attachment 521550

I'm likin' that STEN.

STEN MK3
Vz61 Skorpion

View attachment 521550

Very neat-o. :)

How are you liking the PS90? This is one we are taking a look at.

Good call on the 40㎜. :D

I love the Ps90. It has replaced my AR as my go to home defense gun. A lot of people knock on the 5.7's ballistics but they don't usually look at what it's doing out of a 16" barrel. It's really nothing to sneeze at. I tried to chrono it with 2 different magnetospeed barrel mounted chronographs and it would not read. And having 50 rounds on tap to solve any issues that may need to be addressed is definitely a plus. Heck, even with the large growth on the end it's still shorter than my 11.5" barreled AR pistol.

lately, I've found myself taking some "leftist" people who are unfamiliar with guns shooting. The PS90 is hands down one of the most popular guns. It's just such a pleasant gun to shoot, and everyone that picks it up shoots it well.

Couple of upgrades I have done to my gun:
Gen II Creep Killer for PS90 Triggers
This is a MASSIVE improvement to the trigger and I highly recommend it

Super Low Profile Optic Rail
I am on the fence about this rail. It is low profile and has *just* enough space for me to mount my ZPoint. The mount is very overpriced for how it is constructed. Mine was slightly out of spec in the screw holes and I ended up snapping in half on assembly. The company did make it right and sent me a new one, however, I repaired mine with some jb weld and nails into the 3d printed honeycomb and it seems pretty bomb proof. The company is aware of the out of spec issues and they have most likely been fixed by now.

The next thing I got is a custom flashlight mount from a user on Arfcom, who I think is a user here too. @levi333. I'm not sure about how kosher linking to a "rival" forum's buy/sell/trade section is so PM me and I'll send you the link. The mount itself is Aluminum with a chunk of magpul rail section attached. Brings the flashlight down to where you can manipulate it with your thumb and out of your peripheral vision where it would be on a regular FN side rail.

Ballistics chart for website.jpg807x2000.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads