JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not sure if this is the place for this. Went looking for something, found this in the back of one safe. I had moved this box multiple times over the years. Forgot what was in it. thought it was something totally different. When I opened it I remember now. Bought these a few panics back. Think maybe when the Grade school shoot up? Anyway I did not need them but was ordering some other stuff with Haz-mat, they had these cheap, so I tossed them on the order. Promptly forgot they were there. So anyone ever use these? I have long used their ammo no problem so guessing no reason not to put these in the rotation when I start rolling some more .45??

Primers.png

Not sure if this is the place for this. Went looking for something, found this in the back of one safe. I had moved this box multiple times over the years. Forgot what was in it. thought it was something totally different. When I opened it I remember now. Bought these a few panics back. Think maybe when the Grade school shoot up? Anyway I did not need them but was ordering some other stuff with Haz-mat, they had these cheap, so I tossed them on the order. Promptly forgot they were there. So anyone ever use these? I have long used their ammo no problem so guessing no reason not to put these in the rotation when I start rolling some more .45??

Depends:

4727D66A-8AA1-4EE3-8A2D-1F403CA20B30.jpeg

Ahh.

Haven't been reloading that long myself, but from what other folks mention, primers are pretty hardy.

Last a long time, as in decades. Particularly if stored properly (in a house as opposed to say, an outbuilding).
Yea I'm not worried about them being "bad" from age. They were sitting in one safe and later another. I thought the box was a jug of powder I had in the same order from that time. I had ordered some stuff from Graf, when I order stuff with the fee I toss as much as they allow in one box. It was during one of the past panic shortages and stuff was hit and miss at that time too. These were part of that order. I had never seen them, don't think I have ever seen them since. Buy their ammo all the time but don't remember ever seeing their primers. If no one remembers some reason to avoid them I will use a couple hundred up next session and see how they work. I had to laugh when I opened the damn box and saw them. Took a while to remember where the hell they came from when the box was not what I thought it was.

Yea I'm not worried about them being "bad" from age. They were sitting in one safe and later another. I thought the box was a jug of powder I had in the same order from that time. I had ordered some stuff from Graf, when I order stuff with the fee I toss as much as they allow in one box. It was during one of the past panic shortages and stuff was hit and miss at that time too. These were part of that order. I had never seen them, don't think I have ever seen them since. Buy their ammo all the time but don't remember ever seeing their primers. If no one remembers some reason to avoid them I will use a couple hundred up next session and see how they work. I had to laugh when I opened the damn box and saw them. Took a while to remember where the hell they came from when the box was not what I thought it was.

Ahh, gotcha.

No idea on large pistol. Have run a bunch of Sellier & Belot small pistol, no problem. Bought them at Cabelas a long while back.

Im in Winnemucca Nevada now. I went to an Ace Hardware and they have a ton of large rifle primers. The also had some in white box's for 7.62, I never seen these before. I'll go back Tomorrow and check the price. I already have a couple of bricks of large rifle primers so I don't really need them.

I hear Bimart you can snag them if you are lucky enough to stop when they stock the shelves with what trickles in.

They are selling on gun broker for over $100/ thousand and some as high as $300/thousand. I think they will be nearly non-existent for awhile. I am sure if you wanted to pay those prices a bunch of people will let loose of some their stock piles.
$300 per thousand?

Im in Winnemucca Nevada now. I went to an Ace Hardware and they have a ton of large rifle primers. The also had some in white box's for 7.62, I never seen these before. I'll go back Tomorrow and check the price. I already have a couple of bricks of large rifle primers so I don't really need them.

$80 for a brick, forget that.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top