JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I hear Bimart you can snag them if you are lucky enough to stop when they stock the shelves with what trickles in.

They are selling on gun broker for over $100/ thousand and some as high as $300/thousand. I think they will be nearly non-existent for awhile. I am sure if you wanted to pay those prices a bunch of people will let loose of some their stock piles.

Sportsman's Warehouse in Kennewick gets a few bricks in on occasion. In the past month, I have been able to snag 3 bricks of CCI-500 and just this past week, a brick of Winchester Small Pistol Magnum primers. They limit buyers to one brick per day, but had them priced at a bargain $22.99 per brick.

Sportsman's has rocked through this time with their low prices. They don't always have primers, but I've had really good luck with them- usually if they're out of small, they will have large. Bimart seems to vary by location. Our local one in Lebanon doesn't seem to be getting any primers, or I've just had consistently bad timing. I check almost every time I buy something else, and they've been out for months. Other locations it's hit and miss, but sometimes I get lucky.

Before the shortage a few months ago I made regular trips to BiMart and bought primers every time they were on sale. I should have bought more small pistol primers even at regular price. I keep checking on line but there all out of stock.

As with ammo there is only a few ways to get them. Keep checking the local stores. When they come in and go on the shelf. By the time someone here tells you xyz store has them they will not be left when you get there. Other choices are check the online dealers daily. When they show up grab some from the places that do not scalp. Again by the time you read here that some place has them it's normally too late. Last choice is pay scalper price. There is ALWAYS some of everything held by some who make some bank by stocking stuff that is in panic shortage. It will be like this until enough people have a large enough pile to stop buying them.

Probably make a few new friends on the board quick.
Stumbled across 10 Hexmags in the same box. It turns out living like a nomad and buying/sending stuff to be shoved into storage ends up adding up over a couple decades. Once I came back to the city of my birth and started opening boxes it was like a very, very odd Christmas morning, where not all the gifts were things one still wants.

Also, the wrapping isn't gaudy.

I did find small pistol magnum, though I'm not sure where I'll use them. Bought them anyway, I'm sure they'll work

It shouldn't affect regular pistol loads, just test a few out with your regular charge and watch for pressure. Even thin cupped small rifle primers like federal 205 and sometimes cci 400 will work depending on the pistol.

Sportsmans likes to make you think they are available...... I ordered on line to pick up in the store..... said theyd be available a week later, coming up on two weeks and no one knows anything about it.

Sportsmans likes to make you think they are available...... I ordered on line to pick up in the store..... said theyd be available a week later, coming up on two weeks and no one knows anything about it.

Sportsmans do that with guns too. Claim it's available but then it turns into a backorder.

Oddly enough my buddy has pull in a few k of primers from Caballas online, then store picked them up. I have my horde from the past 4yrs so I am good.

I tried to order primers from Sportsman's.

One page with WInchester primers said 'add to cart' to which I did and when I attempted to submit payment I got a message that said 'Items no longer available, please remove from cart'

Apparently they had not yet updated that page and removed the 'add to cart' option.

May the odds be ever in your favor...this is the going rate for primers on gun broker small rifle primers For Sale - Buy small rifle primers Online at GunBroker.com

Kind of put a kabosh on my plans to start reloading.

Good god, 3x for small rifle primers! :eek: 5000 primers with 13 bids at $455 +$25 in shipping AND The classic GB 3% card fee. Wow. Need to do an evaluation on maybe selling some off on GB! 3xROI funds allot of bullets. Wow. The crazy thing is manufacturing will catch up.

Good god, 3x for small rifle primers! :eek: 5000 primers with 13 bids at $455 +$25 in shipping AND The classic GB 3% card fee. Wow. Need to do an evaluation on maybe selling some off on GB! 3xROI funds allot of bullets. Wow. The crazy thing is manufacturing will catch up.

I hope they do. I want to get into reloading, and still will, but having gear that will sit around and collect dust would kinda suck.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews