JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am just inquiring if any locals around here are into building and seeing if any of you are interested in building HK G3, CETME or anything like that, I hang out in builder sites like MFA and I was hoping that we have some local interest on this, I am starting a couple builds and looking to see if any of you are up for a build party in the near future or some kind of meeting or meeting of the minds to help and share equipment and knowledge.
Of course I am also interested in AK,FAL,and VZ58 also.

I have built 35 G3's ,14 CETME's, 28 HK 33/93's, over 800 AK varieants, 16 FAL's, 5 Swedish K's, 3 USGI "grease guns", 203 Saiga S-12 conversions, 27 HK MP5/94's, So how many do you want? Do you have all the parts? Do you have the 922r US parts?, Receiver? Let me know some details, so we can get your build up and done so you can go have fun.

I have built 35 G3's ,14 CETME's, 28 HK 33/93's, over 800 AK varieants, 16 FAL's, 5 Swedish K's, 3 USGI "grease guns", 203 Saiga S-12 conversions, 27 HK MP5/94's, So how many do you want? Do you have all the parts? Do you have the 922r US parts?, Receiver? Let me know some details, so we can get your build up and done so you can go have fun.
Right now I am about 75% on two kits, I know about 922r and will make my adjustments as necessary.
so far though looks like internally it is best to keep the HK G3 parts, the US bolt head I have is not worth using.
I am still in need of another barrel on one, so more than likely the second one will have more US parts than necessary, I am moving pretty fast on the collection so yes I will be ready soon but I want to learn it also, and willing to put whatever effort I can until I can build my own, this is sort of a midlife thing for me I have been turning wrenches all my life and find weapons fascinating to learn, admittedly DRB was a bit to figure out and I am still scratching my head a little.
If I can find others that are into this I can get folding receivers instead of ready made HK receiver, which I also want to build on.
I also have been looking at others too as I would like to build as I find, for instance I found a multiple amount of VZ58's that I would love to purchase and build but it looks like the receivers are getting hard to find.
honestly I didn't know we had any local talent I have been hanging out at miltaryfirearm I thought most of the locals were Remchester types and I am glad to see any movement.

I don't mean to thread jump, but here's a site I've bought from several times for components for my 91. They are affordable and reliable. :s0155::D

G3 Parts, HK91 Parts, HK 91 Parts, HK-91 Parts, HK Parts, PTR91 Parts, V51 Parts, Cetme Parts, G3K Parts, HK21 Parts, Original German HK Parts, RTG Gun Parts

Thanks for posting that, you are right and Robert is good people, I have a few others for different things on HK items I can share if anyone wants.
Let me know what your looking for and I may be able to find what your looking for "no gain to me whatsoever" I spend considerable time comparing costs for builds and parts and people.
RTG is a very good source, there are a couple things that if you are looking for either they may not have it or there might be a better deal on a couple things other than that they are good folks to deal with and are fair priced.

While I havnt built handfuls of these I've built 2 from flats, I'd be willing to help where available

How did you do that locally? did you rent or borrow a jig? did you weld it yourself?
How about the pressing part how did that go? I eventually will have a press and welder because not only the G3 and CETME type rifles use these.

any info and help would be very appreciated!:s0155:

How did you do that locally? did you rent or borrow a jig? did you weld it yourself?
How about the pressing part how did that go? I eventually will have a press and welder because not only the G3 and CETME type rifles use these.

any info and help would be very appreciated!:s0155:

i used the roll method, welded my own receivers, and freeze the barrel over night and press in using a 12 ton press

If you get a build party going please let me know. I've bent my flat but I need to borrow the necessary jigs to assemble the trigger guard and front trunnion. I'm in Bellevue.
David

If you get a build party going please let me know. I've bent my flat but I need to borrow the necessary jigs to assemble the trigger guard and front trunnion. I'm in Bellevue.
David

There is a couple ways to do the FCG, some are using the clip and pin method that makes it look more traditional and some are just cutting the ears off all together, it depends on if you want it to look more like it did when it was full auto or semi style, I have never heard of a jig to assemble those though everything I have read just has you doing the FCG conversion, welding in the shelf.
Of course I have also seen a couple guys who just offer it as a service too that is kind of tempting too, it is going to take me a few more months to put together more tools such as the TIG welder and the Press.
But I plan on building a few different projects too, so I would definately like to plan some building parties in the near future.
I live in the Cougar Washington area.

Just thought I would catch up with everyone, I have demilled one of my kits and did a headspace check, the headspace is pretty good on one so I won't take it out of the trunnion, this puts my first build on a good schedule as once I figure out how to weld one to a new receiver which I will order from HK, the rifle should be at least functional after I either find a welder or someone who can weld it for me.

Im interested in building a better one then what I got from my dad. wonder how many parts I can use off of the century cetme, I know I there are parts i want to replace, Im just not that up on the welding and fitting. But will have to wait till I finish my AR-10.

Im interested in building a better one then what I got from my dad. wonder how many parts I can use off of the century cetme, I know I there are parts i want to replace, Im just not that up on the welding and fitting. But will have to wait till I finish my AR-10.

centurys are notorious for having corners cut on building them, mainly having a ground bolt to read a false bolt gap. make sure your using good parts!

I didn't realize that people built these. If anybody has experience and would be willing to teach somebody completely new, I would gladly join them and pay. Let's get some people together.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top