JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just checking in with everyone I have been working a lot and getting distracted by my FAL builds but I am still looking for folks to talk with about this..
I still need to convert a couple FCG,s I have US made cages and I am slowly collecting the US trigger stuff, within a month I should have the extra barrel and two receivers to build on..
One more thing I have ran into is I was looking over the CAI site recently and noticed they had the SS Receivers for the HK/CETME builds for 100 bucks, then you just need an FFL01 to send it to, no its not HK but I have heard good things about the SS ones..
sorry to have been so absent, but I am also on militaryfirearm they have a lot knowledgeable guys that share what they know as well as Weaponsguild it would be nice to form some community like many on those sites have, I have noticed that is lacking around here, I would love to be a part in changing that. :s0155:

There is a couple ways to do the FCG, some are using the clip and pin method that makes it look more traditional and some are just cutting the ears off all together, it depends on if you want it to look more like it did when it was full auto or semi style, I have never heard of a jig to assemble those though everything I have read just has you doing the FCG conversion, welding in the shelf.
Of course I have also seen a couple guys who just offer it as a service too that is kind of tempting too, it is going to take me a few more months to put together more tools such as the TIG welder and the Press.
But I plan on building a few different projects too, so I would definately like to plan some building parties in the near future.
I live in the Cougar Washington area.

Just saw this thread since there was a new post today - I have a TIG welder and I'm about 20 min from you if you still need to use one. I'm not set up for the TIG at the house now as I just moved and don't have 220 in the garage but we might be able to work something out. I can also check with a friend to get most questions answered asap as he is one of the best HK guys around. I think he has blueprints for either doing a push pin lower or converting it to the shelf tab on the grip pack, etc.

One more thing - I can check to see if he has the prints for the reinforcement tabs used to reinforce the receiver on the sides like HK used on the PSGs if there is any interest.

That's cool, I don't have 220 in mine either but plan on getting a generator to make up the difference do you know if your TIG can run on a generator?
I am thinking in the future of doing a clone PSG but right now I am pretty busy "and broke" doing the FALS and the G3's, I am doing them all in different configs.
1 G3 has an original FMP front end, 1 G3 is going to be with a new US barrel when I get the barrel it will need to be pressed in one of my trunnions..
now the FALS...One is with an original Belgian barreled front end and the other will be a heavy barrel clone..
for a Newbie I think I am getting overwhelmed lol.

From everything I have read about the FAC reeivers I would stay away from them, if I got a good deal on one I would consider it a parts kit that needs a receiver.
I have the G3 AGI course, it starts with the FAC receiver but like I said it is said to to be not worth the trouble.

I haven't tried to run the TIG on a generator - I have pulled the double breaker for a clothes drier and replaced it with one the right amps for a temporary fix. I still need to find my argon tank, tips, and fill rods anyhow. I went out to the garage and I didn't see the tank and fill rods. They may be in the cargo container or I might have left them in the house down south waiting for my last trip to pick up the stuff that wouldn't fit in the moving truck / trailer when I moved up a few months back.

As for pressing in the barrel - I've used hydraulic presses and screw presses in the past but my favorite was a setup a friend built - he took a well geared arbor press and welded up an adjustable frame that it mounted to - by far the smoothest and easiest press I've ever used. It was easy to smoothly press in a barrel and it was the easiest to press to the correct depth.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top