JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Depends on how skilled the builder is with tools, and how smooth everything goes, bending the flat is one thing then reinforcing the back pin holes, then pressing barrel to trunnion, then welding into the receiver, then cocking tube, and front sight. Not super hard just tedious

Depends on how skilled the builder is with tools, and how smooth everything goes, bending the flat is one thing then reinforcing the back pin holes, then pressing barrel to trunnion, then welding into the receiver, then cocking tube, and front sight. Not super hard just tedious

Like I said, if anybody is willing to show me how, I'd gladly speak with them and negotiate some kind of deal. It seems to be cheaper, if not close to the same price, except I could build it to specs that I want, including, say, sending out parts for a nitrite finish. :s0155:

Like I said, if anybody is willing to show me how, I'd gladly speak with them and negotiate some kind of deal. It seems to be cheaper, if not close to the same price, except I could build it to specs that I want, including, say, sending out parts for a nitrite finish. :s0155:

Hey, all. I'm in the same boat, but I'm planning an HK94. If I understand correctly, some jigs are universal and can be used for any HK model (91/93/94, etc.). Talked to a service rep at HKParts.net, and he said that the only difference between using their jig (not sure how it compares to others) with a 94 versus a 91 is that the 91 clones need to have a rail flattening jig used on them as well, but the 94's don't. So, I have a few questions, if anyone can answer them:
1. Is anyone down for a general HK build party, or are y'all planning on a 91/G3/Cetme-specific build?
2. If you're planning on a 91-specific build, does anyone have the means of assembling a 94 flat that I could pay for the service? I have never welded before, so that's my chief hangup.
3. Are there any online resources for building a 94 that anyone could share?

2. If you're planning on a 91-specific build, does anyone have the means of assembling a 94 flat that I could pay for the service? I have never welded before, so that's my chief hangup.

You can NOT have someone weld the flat for you or you and the person welding it will go to jail unless they have a manufacturing license (i think a class 3 ffl) in which case they will treat it like any other rifle sale where they will serial number it and put it in their book and you wil have to feel out paperwork and pass a background check

If you want it build by a licensed builder i would recommend IGF he is suppose to be one of the best. but it will cost you more than building out of a stripped receiver.

Now if you buy a serial number receiver such as a SW receiver then you can have anyone weld the barrel/trunnion and charging tube and do any of the finish work

You can not and i repeat can not have someone else Bend or weld a receiver flat you must do all the work yourself that is federal law

but you can have someone supervise , loan tools and teach you provided they do not do any work on your flat

Not to pimp the Partial G3 kit i have posted here but if you find a barrel still installed from the factory in the trunnion (like the one i have posted in the classifieds) this will save you a lot of work as it just needs to be welded into the receiver

You can NOT have someone weld the flat for you or you and the person welding it will go to jail unless they have a manufacturing license (i think a class 3 ffl) in which case they will treat it like any other rifle sale where they will serial number it and put it in their book and you wil have to feel out paperwork and pass a background check

If you want it build by a licensed builder i would recommend IGF he is suppose to be one of the best. but it will cost you more than building out of a stripped receiver.

Oh! Didn't realize that. In that case, I'd like to withdraw that question from consideration. Thanks for the clarification there, I really do appreciate it.

Hey Guys - Fellow Century Cetme owner. Wondering if you could provide me with some guidance on what sounds to be a pretty frequent build issue with the Century Cetme (not to say that all have issues, at all).

So my cetme had the front lip of the lower receiver, where the lip hits the shelf on the back of the mag well, shaved down a bit too much by the guys at the factory. What happens is after about firing two rounds the gun begins to fail to eject and fail to load. This is because the recoil is jarring the lower recievers lip backwards off the mag shelf and causing the lower to become loose.

The easy solution seems to be to weld a small tab to replace the shaved down tab. Given my pure lack of accessiblity to a welder (probably for the better) do you have any easy recommendations? Any recommended gunsmiths in the Portland area?

Thanks!

FYI........I also have not built handfulls of these rifles. But I have built a 91, a 34, a SP89 and I am in the process of building a 93. I have all my own tooling. That is your biggest expense is the tooling. You could probably buy an entire rifle for cheaper. To me it is the satisfaction of building my own. Taking a bag full of parts and making a working firearm. :s0155: I have a jig for bending the receiver and I did all my own welding. I need much more practice in the welding department, but things came out OK and a little grinding to make things smooth. A hunting buddy of mine just bought a Cetme for way cheaper than you could build one. I rolled a flat for a member of this forum a few months ago. Turned out perfect. The internet is a great place to get all the info you need to do the job. Calguns.net has an entire thread from step 1 to the finish. Every detail is discussed. I have it bookmarked on my computer at work but I don't have it at home. Monday IT will post it in the thread. I WILL answer every questions you have about all the 9 series HK guns.

FYI........I also have not built handfulls of these rifles. But I have built a 91, a 34, a SP89 and I am in the process of building a 93. I have all my own tooling. That is your biggest expense is the tooling. You could probably buy an entire rifle for cheaper. To me it is the satisfaction of building my own. Taking a bag full of parts and making a working firearm. :s0155: I have a jig for bending the receiver and I did all my own welding. I need much more practice in the welding department, but things came out OK and a little grinding to make things smooth. A hunting buddy of mine just bought a Cetme for way cheaper than you could build one. I rolled a flat for a member of this forum a few months ago. Turned out perfect. The internet is a great place to get all the info you need to do the job. Calguns.net has an entire thread from step 1 to the finish. Every detail is discussed. I have it bookmarked on my computer at work but I don't have it at home. Monday IT will post it in the thread. I WILL answer every questions you have about all the 9 series HK guns.

That's awesome! Thanks!

Has anybody had their G3 variant and all metal parts treated with nitrocarburization?

Also, how much would a build cost with high quality parts, using what I would assume is a quality receiver...(Below)
http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HKG3-HK91-Cetme-PTR-Receiver-127p772.htm#details

I would have to have somebody build it for me, or no? How difficult is the process from this point? Are there any step by step threads that I am missing?

Has anybody had their G3 variant and all metal parts treated with nitrocarburization?

Also, how much would a build cost with high quality parts, using what I would assume is a quality receiver...(Below)
PTR 91 Receiver - HKPARTS.NET

I would have to have somebody build it for me, or no? How difficult is the process from this point? Are there any step by step threads that I am missing?

If you build from a complete serial numbered factory receiver anyone can do the work on it so if you found a competent welded to weld it thats fine

if you find a barrel still in the trunnion the hardest part is done then its just a matter of alignment and welding best done by a tig welder but i did mine with a mig had my first one welded by a member of FM and saw that it was quite simple but a lot of little details do come into play that will make it a reliable or unreliable rifle its these details that some some mass producing clone makers over look thus needing repairs

if a build party is going to happen and if my kit and flat has not sold by them i would like in

PTR 91 Receiver - HKPARTS.NET

This is how I was going to go too. I flat that has already been bent from the factory. I would like one that I can feed more the 5 rounds through before it FT Feed, or something else BS that this weapon does. But cause it was my dads I cant get rid of it.

This is how I was going to go too. I flat that has already been bent from the factory. I would like one that I can feed more the 5 rounds through before it FT Feed, or something else BS that this weapon does. But cause it was my dads I cant get rid of it.

...? "I flat."
...? "or something else BS that this weapon does."
:confused:

Right now HK has been selling there completed factory receivers for 199.99 "200 bucks" the flat is going to cost you over a 100 with the weld kit that makes it a complete receiver, however many people can make their own small parts to make their own weld kits, such as tubes to reinforce the pin holes.
As far as welding is concerned it is not illegal for someone to help you weld one together, however it is illegal to sell the rifle, this makes the 200 dollars spent on a factory trued receiver more likely to me.
As far as parts are concerned we need to look at all the basic parts you make the gun out of, the G3,CETME,PTR etc is fairly simple as parts go.
as soon as you find yourself a bolt and bolt carrier the rest is pretty easy to find and RTG sell those fairly reasonable.
The buttstock kits "right now" are available at cheaper than dirt for 20 bucks, that is a steal, I own four sets myself the buffer is worth that even if you don't use the plastic, and if you are building a CETME it can easily be modded to work in the CETME by sanding down the guide rod insert nylon washer bushing.
922R is the next thing or the main thing that controls your build, if you use expensive American furniture such as PTR furniture instead of the CTD furniture it will count as three of the 7 total US parts you have to have on one of these, on the CETME G3 etc weapons it is required to have 7 not 6.
but you can also go the route I am going and that is to use an American Magazine "Thurmold" and American cocking handle, and American Muzzle break with trigger parts that are needed for the semi conversion you can easily be over 7 parts it just depends on what is important to you.
there is a lot of information on other sites, I belong to them all, but I want to see more local interest as I am inexperienced myself and would like to start getting us NWsters together for build parties or whatever to help each other.
the other sites I recommend are.
HKPRO
Weaponeer
Weaponsguild
Militaryfirearm "my personal favorite"

anyway I hope to see you guys around.

Maybe we can plan a step at a time party just to get started, like just having a demil or barrel press or even a discussion about these, I am building two G3's and these are my first, it would be great to touch bases with the other builders out there.
also I plan on buying over the next couple months a press, and a hobby tig welder, I am also at the same time building a curing oven for gunkote and powder coat finishes.
anything to contribute to my fellow gunners!:s0155:

I'd like to speak with somebody on the phone about this. If there is anybody with experience building many of these, PM me and I'll call you. I feel that I would be best off having a conversation about this on the phone.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top