JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bottom line is going through divorce and soon to be ex has a history of filing restraining orders (I'm number 4!)
She lied in court and got the judge to uphold.
Lots of concerns and issues but I have some specific questions for someone who may be knowledgeable in this area.
Who can you recommend ?

Thanks. I'm 6 months into this. Looking to speak with an attorney that is very knowledgeable. on subject. My divorce attorney is not up on the deep details of fapa and firearms/related issues

That sucks, I am really sorry to hear that. At least you live in Oregon...In Washington they passed a law that allows ex girlfriends, ex-wives, relatives of any kind, doctors, cops, basically anyone except a complete stranger to petition to have your guns taken away without due process because you are thought to be mentally unstable or a danger to yourself or others.... I am sure no ex whatevers would ever abuse THAT law :eek:

Bottom line is going through divorce and soon to be ex has a history of filing restraining orders (I'm number 4!)
She lied in court and got the judge to uphold.
Lots of concerns and issues but I have some specific questions for someone who may be knowledgeable in this area.
Who can you recommend ?

I know these folks number is the one you keep in your wallet if you ever need a lawyer for anything firearms related. Portland Criminal Defense Attorneys | Short Law Group, P.C I would imagine they would refer if your particular issues are somewhat below their level of expertise?

Sorry I have no lawyer suggestions in Portland.

I went through a similar thing almost two years ago. My attorney was in Eugene.

Fight it with a vengeance.
Firearms & Restraining Orders (in Oregon)
was my experience. Nothing is lost assuming you contest and either win or it's dropped.

That sucks, I am really sorry to hear that. At least you live in Oregon...In Washington they passed a law that allows ex girlfriends, ex-wives, relatives of any kind, doctors, cops, basically anyone except a complete stranger to petition to have your guns taken away without due process because you are thought to be mentally unstable or a danger to yourself or others.... I am sure no ex whatevers would ever abuse THAT law :eek:

From what i understand the above law you mention is in the process of being made law in oregon as well. We basically have no say about these laws. The ''emergency'' clause they have used to pass laws in this state it totally a joke. Bloomberg is in the process of making oregon and washington just like california. Its sickening this state has gone so liberal. He's dumping money in the northwest to further his goals.

Contact OFF they should know someone.

Congrats on the divorce though.

I had this happen to a guy I knew: his wife was sleeping with her boss and when he found out she filed for divorce and started making accusations that he beat their kid, threatened to kill her and her lover.
They came in and took all his guns, he worked with a sheriff's office and he ended up losing his job over it.

It was a mess. Never did hear what happened, but last time I saw him he was at rock bottom. He was a really nice guy and from what I could tell a great dad. But who knows.

There is a special place in Hell for people who lie and weaponize the judicial system to their advantage. I literally believe that anyone who would intentionally lie to subjugate another person's basic human rights and freedoms, should be put to death.

I'm sorry, I really wish I knew an attorney in Oregon to point you too, as you need a good one. I do, however, wish you luck in fighting this. Also, if the restraining order is approved, you will likely need to relinquish your firearms. You should probably be looking for a trusted friend or family member that you can transfer them to if it comes to this, while you're searching for an attorney.

You should also be cautious about what you post on this while this is going on. Good luck man!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top