JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Jen and I have been meaning to make it to one of these Intro to Kayaking classes for a long time now. Today one finally popped up on Groupon for a Ross Island trip with Next Adventure. I can't wait; we're scheduled for tomorrow evening :s0155:

Just took the intro with Alder Creek Kayak and Canoe on Jantzen beach this last weekend. It was great, awesome instructors. Went over basic strokes, main thing was just having a good time swamping and rescuing the boats then getting out onto the columbia for a stretch. All these years I never realized how warm the Columbia was, it's like a heated pool compared to the Clackamas.

Great summer activity. Folks fish from them, just paddle about or you can get adventurous and use the, as a means of transport between camps. We are lucky that we have the Tualatin, the Willamette and the Columbia all within easy reach of Portland. There are also some coastal estuaries that look rather appealing as well. Then there's the lakes.....

I've been making the most of my kayaks, and the great thing is that it's usually pretty popular with the ladies, just head out to Cook Park on a sunny day, you'll see what I mean. Great way to entertain you and the misses on a sunny day.

I've got a tandem and a single and have been hitting the lakes, rivers and backwaters for years. It is a great way to fish as well, you are quiet, low to the water and depending on conditions you can cover a lot of lake with not a lot of work.

For several years I ran an Aire inflatable kayak. Sandy, Upper & Lower Clackamas, even the Tualatin (ewww). The inflatable is a great option if you don't know how to roll a kayak or like me couldn't get the hang of it. My river bud moved to Mississippi and now the boat just collects dust in the garage, but I just can't bring myself to sell it.

Kayaking was my religion for about 14 years. Then I switched to rafting and guided for a few more years. This photo was taken before Perception produced the Dancer {their first short boat} and when only loosers didn't have custom made wooden paddles. :)

butch_ender.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top