1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Any Jazz Fans Out There?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Cougfan2, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Just sitting on the deck with the iPod plugged in listening to "P**ussy Cat Dues" from Charles Mingus, his "Mingus Ah Um" album.

Hey jazz cats, what are some of your favorites?
  2. unklekippy

unklekippy In The Mountains Near Sprague River Well-Known Member

Well, I really liked Karl Malone and John Stockton. Pete Maravich was good too.

Jazz is dead. It made a final stand in the '70's. Stanley Clarke' "Journey To Love" album is great(the opening track,"Silly Putty" is one of the greatest album openers in jazz history), and even though it is cliche', George Benson' "Breezin'" is a fine album. Norman Brown showed promise(in the '80's and '90's), but it never really panned out.

Any of you Rock&Roll fans out there worshipping Neil Peart, John Bonham and Charlie Watts should look into what Gene Krupa and Buddy Rich were doing with drum sets in the '40's, '50's and '60's.

I personally go through phases with music, just like everyone else. I fell in love with jazz at a young age, but by the time I was 25 it just kind of wore off. Kip
  3. JimmyS1985

JimmyS1985 St.Louis Active Member

I love THE DREAM TEAM of 1992! Best Basketball team in the history of the sport!

Karl Malone and John Stockton were both on it, but they had to stay separate from the Olympic village, they had men with Uzi's guarding the dream team in their own private hotel in case of a terrorist attack.
  4. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

I love jazz. And me being an old county loving redneck Jazz and blues are closer to real county then the garbage that is being passed as county today.
    And Buddy Rich is the greatest on the skins that I have ever heard. You dig...
  5. MikeE

MikeE Portland Well-Known Member

Miles Davis & John Coltrane 'Kind of Blue'.
    Coltrane 'Favorite Things.'
  6. hatchetjack

hatchetjack Western WA Active Member

Miles of course, Chet Baker, Sonny Rollins, Art Pepper, Clifford Brown and Wardell Gray. Just a few...and Portland's Jim Pepper.
    MikeE and (deleted member) like this.