JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for actual user opinions on this model. I have an itch for one. The price is sure right. I passed several years ago on the Feather industries AT9. This seems to be a diverse and fun shooter. Just looking for some input.
Thanks, Dave

Just might be a good fit caliber wise. Ive got a used one coming with the ATI stock. Looks kinda like the Berreta. Perhaps I will get to comment on my own question soon.

Well it comes with a 10 rounder. Seems kinda odd. Ive been seeing 15 rounds for sale on line. Seems to me a 20-30 round would be perfect. I will keep looking.

I currently have one for trade in the WTS/WTT section.

My opinions:

Cons: Ugly as sin (but in a cute way :) ). Cocking handle is a 1/4-20 bolt. Feels cheap. Anemic round for a rifle.

Pros: Absolutely rugged, despite its light weight. 100% US-made with a warranty that follows the gun. Has functioned flawlessly with the factory mags, but the high capacity aftermarket mags leave alot to be desired. Decent diopter sight with adjustment for windage. Pretty dang accurate too---it slings up very well and the ugly lines are actually very ergonomically comfortable. A very fun shooter.

Overall: I'm glad I got it, but it just doesn't fit my collection.

Keith

I have one with the ATI stock. It's a close fit that needed more attention with the sandpaper. A buddy of mine told me about this trick... Line the inside of the ATI with white out. Put the action in the stock and cycle it. Take it back apart and where the white out is scratched off remove the plastic with a power tool or sand paper. Repeat until it runs smooth. If you send it back to Hi Point for repairs with the ATI stock on it, it will be sent back with an OEM stock and your ATI stock in the box. Stay away from the 15 rnd mags. It's never failed since returning it to the Hi Point factory. All in all I wouldn't want it for an offensive gun but if it was all I had I'd use it.

<broken link removed>

I have put about 1k down the pipe of my 995. I have only shot wwb from wally using the 10 rounders that came with it. Zero issues, love shooting this! :s0155:
On a side note, I also bought a HI-Point c9. Again, ZERO issues with this pistol! Loved it. The ONLY problem with it is that it is not convenient for concealed carry. Bulky and heavy. Dead nuts reliable! I'm not rich so I sold it to finance my PF9.

I just sold my model 995 with an ATI stock. Cheap and fun to shoot. Saw one at the gun show inn Puyallup for $160. Sold mine for $175 I think. Does that sound about the right price range guys?

I just sold my model 995 with an ATI stock. Cheap and fun to shoot. Saw one at the gun show inn Puyallup for $160. Sold mine for $175 I think. Does that sound about the right price range guys?

That sounds about right to me unless I'm buying or selling one. Then it's worth $100 or $350 depending on which way it's going. lol

Bought mine from a guy for $50. The Firing pin was bent and the spring was broken. Think the guy used it to jack up his car! I called HI Point and said I couldn't find any replacement parts on line. They responded with tell us what you need and we will ship them to you, or send us the gun and we will replace anything that looks like it needs replacing, tune it up for you and send it back with a free mag for your trouble. All I paid was shipping to them. Got it back in around 2 weeks, put an ATI stock on it and now it's one of my favorite guns to shoot. Long story short for less than $200 new it's a great gun for plinking.

D.

Yup I am with everyone its a fun shooter and beside the uglyness of it, it is solid and accurate for what it is. Pro mags (15rnd) that have feedlips do work good. Dont waste your time with the mags without the feedlips (old style)

I love my hi point 995. bought it roughly 8-10 years or so ago. Ive put prob 3-5k rounds through it and never took it apart until about 1-2 months ago. only used a toothbrush on all visible moving parts and ran a patch down the barrel. gun runs perfectly. the firing pin is bent but not broken. never had any problems except for the stock. mine broke right at the thinnest part of the butt. they fixed it for free and sent me a new trigger. havent used the hi cap mags so i have no comment. i would recommend it though.