JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And don't say cause it's a Kel-Tec :s0140:

A few years ago I took it apart my P3AT to have the slide Cerakoted. When I put it back together and took it to the range, it would fire the first shot, but not chamber another round. I bought a Kahr PM9, put the P3AT in the safe, and haven't looked at it since.

Now I'd like to get it running again, and I'm looking for clues as to what might be causing this. In all likelihood, I put it back together wrong, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'd like to hear them.

That was my initial thought too, but the slide isn't any more difficult to rack than it was before.

It's likely "tighter" due to the coating.. I'd triple heavy lube it, especially the rails and or whatever that coated slide contacts and give it a go.. perhaps with hotter ammo.

Wasn't there something a back a bit about the P3AT and some feed ramps being too long?

I could be way out in left field on this one. :confused:

If you are the original owner id send it back to KT.

There are detailed descriptions of process called fluff and buff on the KT owners forum that help a lot with reliability. I had a P32 that ran fine. The Cerakote likely diminished the tolerances as well. Try grease on the slide rails.

And don't say cause it's a Kel-Tec :s0140:

Before I had clicked on this thread, just from reading the title, that was my first reason...

Now then, like others said I would think it's a slide tolerance issue. I would sit some evening in front of the TV or computer and rack the slide a few hundred times to break it in a bit better.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top