JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got these years ago. The big bag has pretty good ones. One bad they are kinda gnarly. Any ideas? I will not be loading these. Can I resize them for a .308? I am thinking probably not.

Any idea before I try and trade them off for primers or something?

Thanks

IMG_20211108_221625.jpg

Resizing a copper jacketed boolit is not likely going to end well. Most resizing dies are meant for lead. Copper is NOT likely to slip through easily, lubed or not. U can try lubed but expect you may need to pound it out. I would just sell them as is and move on, or melt them down for the lead if the tips are not tracer/incindiery (bad result, again).

Thanks. I know that is what I should do. Thank you for taking the time. I thought I could stuff them in a .308 but didn't realize they were like .311

A Lee factory crimp die sizes jacketed bullets AND the case down at the same time pretty easy so it stands to reason sizing a jacketed bullet .002 in a sizing die is possible.

Use the opportunity to buy a new gun, duh.
Or maybe I already have a couple and don't want to load for it. Junk clubish guns IMO. Someone sell me a Russian Draganov for $3000 and I will load it. 91/30 or M44 loading is a waste of my time. LOL

Make park benches out of those with the TIG.

Or maybe I already have a couple and don't want to load for it. Junk clubish guns IMO. Someone sell me a Russian Draganov for $3000 and I will load it. 91/30 or M44 loading is a waste of my time. LOL

Make park benches out of those with the TIG.
Now you're just trying to make excuses and here I was trying to help you out.

Now you're just trying to make excuses and here I was trying to help you out.
Yes I am. But buying a POS rifle isn't trying to help me out is it? LOL

...or loading for those two that the bayonets are probably the best part of the rifle?

I'll chuck them or save them for a Fougass.

I do appreciate the help. I do. Sort of.

Got these years ago. The big bag has pretty good ones. One bad they are kinda gnarly. Any ideas? I will not be loading these. Can I resize them for a .308? I am thinking probably not.

Any idea before I try and trade them off for primers or something?

Thanks

View attachment 1067136
They look like gilding metal jackets, but put a magnet to them, as many were copper washed steel jackets.

Need any .243 bullets?

Resizing a copper jacketed boolit is not likely going to end well. Most resizing dies are meant for lead. Copper is NOT likely to slip through easily, lubed or not. U can try lubed but expect you may need to pound it out. I would just sell them as is and move on, or melt them down for the lead if the tips are not tracer/incindiery (bad result, again).
Not true. I've resized plenty 35 call down to 355 or 357 for various projects related to heavy for caliber loads.

Not true. I've resized plenty 35 call down to 355 or 357 for various projects related to heavy for caliber loads.
The Lee site reference says it can be done with lube; good to hear that you've had success. Still, doing it with possibly tracer tips would give me pause.

Last Edited:
The Lee site reference says it can be done with lube; good to here that you've had success. Still, doing it with possibly tracer tips would give me pause.
I usually don't even use lube. 358 to 355 is harder, but I've found if I run them through the 357 first it is easier. I usually run them through each one twice.

I dont believe yellow tip 54r ball is tracer. They are just heavy ball. Stuff was some of the most accurate surplus you could get.

YellowObservation (a bright flash & smoke on impact)

not something I would mess with resizing.

or…

YellowHeavy ball

given this is likely comblock, you're prob ok… still wouldn't hurt nothin to see what happens with throwing one into a small fire.

I wonder because some of them have powder on them. The package said heavy ball, but who knows if that is correct. I guess I could get or borrow a set of dies and load them up rather than try an make some m118LR ish ammo out of it. Thanks everyone

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top