JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just wondering if there are any people who live or lived in Idaho around. If so, where and how did you like it. Wife and I are seriously considering getting out of Washington State. Been looking at mostly Northern Idaho, around Lake Pend Oreille and the Priest Lake areas.

Thanks for any input,
Mike

Mike I just moved over from Washington (Seattle area) to southern Idaho (down around Twin Falls )

I am really happy to get out of Seattle. A lot more snow and cold in this part of the world but a lot less people and a much better quality of life. Slow pace, nice folks.

I'm glad I was able to do it

Last Edited:
For the next 3-4 months I have dual citizenship. I prefer Idaho. In the last 25 years I've lived in Auburn, Walla Walla, Pendleton, and Hillsboro. I still prefer Idaho.

I've lived in Hillsboro, Seattle, Boise/Meridian, Salt Lake City and Denver. Boise/Meridian was the best place IMHO. A tough place to find work back in 2008 but what a quiet and peaceful area to live. And shooting 20 minutes South of where I had my house.

For the next 3-4 months I have dual citizenship. I prefer Idaho. In the last 25 years I've lived in Auburn, Walla Walla, Pendleton, and Hillsboro. I still prefer Idaho.

What's a dual citizenship?

I own houses in both states, get mail in both states. Was flat out told (by a lawyer no less) I was a citizen of the state where I have a drivers license and that as far as states go there is no such thing as dual citizenship

I own houses in both states, get mail in both states. Was flat out told (by a lawyer no less) I was a citizen of the state where I have a drivers license and that as far as states go there is no such thing as dual citizenship
:rolleyes:Joke.
I bought the place in Marsing last summer but won't list my place in Hillsboro until May. Daughter graduates in June. I'm packing for the next couple months. Already have a job lined up and can start at any time.

Mike I just moved over from Washington (Seattle area) to southern Idaho (down around Twin Falls )

I am really happy to get out of Seattle. A lot more snow and cold in this part of the world but a lot less people and a much better quality of life. Slow pace, nice folks.

I'm glad I was able to do it
Can't blame you. I have an aunt and uncle in Filer and one in Seattle. Like the ones in Filer a lot more. Great folks down there.

I like Coeur d'Alene, but I think it is going to go the way of Eugene or a small Portland.... JMO though.....
I can certainly see that after hearing from folks that have been here a while how small it used to be. I'll enjoy the small town feel while it lasts but I grew up in so cal so still feels pretty small. Just have to fight to keep Idaho Red.

I'd move there in a heartbeat but my other half wants sunshine and warm weather most of the year (aka Hawaii or Kommiefornia)

Southern Utah would be my recommendation. I really liked the Cedar City area and St. George gets even less snow. I travel for work however and vegas airport was just too far so had to search more and happily found Coeur d Alene.

It's called residency on a state level
I will be here in Salmon for 2 years come march.
My friend from Washington asked my other friend who's originality from Idaho if he thought I would ever move back
:s0140::s0140::s0140: He said
There may come a time I want to move from Salmon but I won't leave Idaho.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top