JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got my P7 with 2 mags in very good condition.
Shot 100 rounds in 30 minutes and it was warm but not to hot to touch.
Loaded up both mags and shot rapid fire.
Reloaded and checked targets gave it enough time to cool.
Love the P7 and is my #1 pistol now.
Thanks for all the help Charger

Charger,

I'm sure that you'll be very happy with it. It is my favorite carry weapon. I'm sure that you will find it to be very accurate, and very instictive to shoot.

Make sure that you also got the cleaning reamer and that you use it regularly on the gas chamber.

If you have the blue version, make sure that you keep it dry and oiled. The B/S finish is probably the P-7's weakest point. I had mine NP3 plated almost 20 years ago. That finish has been quite remarkable.

The other thing is I compared the p7 to my other pistols and the barrel is much closer to the hand.
Making it better to shoot.
I think my wife is going to like it because you don't have to work the slide.
Put a new mag in and squeeze the grip and away you go.
I will be giving more range reports as I go.
Charger

Hope you like it !! Even if you don't, you'll be able to sell it.... I've got two and like them a lot.

The one thing that bothered me a little was that the trigger does have a little more overtravel than I expected. There's a "shadetree gunsmith" fix to that . A little rubber grommet and some super glue. So far, it has stayed in place for over 3 years. ( I don't make any attempts to avoid gun solvents to that area...)

From my reading, ( no actual experience) , Gray's Guns has lot's of experience working on them. They do a lot of work on Sigs, now, but used to work on P7s a lot. I understand that they still work on p7s. They would be one of the first guys I'd go to if I had a problem. Also , check out the " Cult of the P7" . It's a forum for P7 fanatics.... not always very active but good info.

Have fun , be safe ! mike

The one thing that bothered me a little was that the trigger does have a little more overtravel than I expected. There's a "shadetree gunsmith" fix to that . A little rubber grommet and some super glue. So far, it has stayed in place for over 3 years. ( I don't make any attempts to avoid gun solvents to that area...)

Mike
Can you let me know what you did to stop the overtravel.
thanks Charger

Mike
Can you let me know what you did to stop the overtravel.
thanks Charger[/QUOTE]

Well, I'll try... hope this makes sense...

I went to my local hardware store and bought a small assortment of small , soft, rubber "grommets". I simply held them behind the trigger ( on the inside, rear of the trigger guard). As I was doing this, I pulled the trigger and determined a grommet thickness that would always allow the trigger to release. I actually went just a little smaller than that , because I didn't want to take the chance of blocking the trigger.
The size that I settled on was about .340" outside diameter and .190" thickness. After settling on the size, I simply degreased the rear of the trigger guard and super-glued it in place. I initially only did this to my range gun due to concerns about reliability. After shooting on the range for about a year , with frequent cleanings with lots of cleaning solvents and no problems, I then tried it on my carry gun. 2 years later, it's still in place!! My grommet choice still allows for some over travel, but it's about 75% less. I'm very satisfied....

Now the disclaimer.... I'm NOT a gunsmith. I don't know what I'm doing. I've had no problems with these guns but I've only done it with 2 guns. My main concern was ( and is) that the grommet would loosen and slide down into the trigger guard in such a way , as to block the trigger. I still think this is possible, so use at your own risk !!

Most importantly, enjoy your new P7 !!:) mike

I own a hard chrome P7 and a later manufactured M8. I generally do not shoot more than 4 or 5 mags through mine at the range, and it they will get a little warm at the end, but not really bothersome. Just my experience. I personally believe these are the best carry weapon in 9mm that were ever produced. Just my thoughts.

I was at the range the other day shooting a P7 when it was 90 deg.
After 4 or 5 mags it got very hot but on an average day I have not had a problem.
It is the 9mm I own by far.

I had a P7M10 in 40 S&W it was a great pistol, but it was too heavy! Unlike the 9mm pistol the M10 has a solid steel rib over the top of the barrel; HK used this approach to reduce recoil with the 40 cal round. Sold it for good money!

Do any of you have much experience with CC holsters for the P7, and which one do you like best?

I grimaced and almost didn't answer this, because it stirs up so many folks. So first , a disclaimer...holsters seem to be very personal, what works for one person doesn't always work for another ! Be safe !!

I've tried 2 different leather, tuckable IWB holsters ( from well known makers , ~ $100) and they worked fine.....but..... the method that I have found most comfortable and secure ( and have stayed with), was to buy a ClipDraw ( ~ $ 30).

This is a small ,spring steel clip that is held onto the side of the slide by some sort of very effective double stick tape. Yeah, I know it sounds cheesy, but it works well for me. A couple of things to mention...It does not cover the trigger ! This would be a big disqualifier for most guns , but is a non issue for the P7 ( because of it's special trigger cocking mechanism). Also , I almost always wear jeans and a belt....This arrangement works fine for me but you do need to wear your belt snug , to keep the gun stable. If you like baggy pants or loose belt, I doubt that the gun will stay put. With my belt snug, the gun is as stable , or more stable than my conventional holsters.....and it's definitely more concealable...

Ymmv , of course....mike

PS: Because the gun is rather "butt heavy" , you will want an arrangement that holds your gun tightly.

The unusual weight distribution and small slide make this a hard gun to holster - at least in a concealed fashion.

Add to that a preference for butt-forward carry at 5 oclock and I'm still looking for the right holster....

...it's still a better cary piece than a 5-shot 357 for me, though.

-tINY

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads