JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I also suggest Firearms Academy of Seattle. Definitely not high speed/low drag but solid instruction and great facilities. Sure, I'd love to train with Travis Haley or Pat Rogers or Mike Pannone or Larry Vickers or Ken Hackathorn or Gabe Suarez or Jason Falla(the list goes on and on) but they don't visit the Pacific Northwest regularly. I can honestly say that each class I've taken at FAS made me a better shooter. I train on my own 95% of the time, using drills and techniques learned at classes, in videos, or read about in books or online. When I feel like I'm in a rut or not progressing or becoming bored running the same stuff, I know it's time for another class. FAS is local, half the price of the big name trainers, and have been happy with all their classes I've attended in the past.

*I'm enrolled in a 2-day class next month. Looking forward to running my new Elzetta ZFL-M60 in the low-light portion. Matter of fact, I have a few new pieces of gear to run and evaluate.

Norpoint Range in Arlington also has defensive handgun classes. Firearms Academy of Seattle used to run classes there, a lot of the Norpoint Instructors are also Firearms Academy of Seattle Instructors too.

Norpint Training (360)-386-8832

Suarez international. I have taken a lot of training from several different big and small name schools. They are all basically square range schools where you have 30 guys standing on a line. This is not realistic. It's fine for your 1st class to get the basics down so you learn how to not shoot yourself while drawing but you need to take the next level of class after that so you know how to shoot while you or the bad guys are moving. No one stands still for you in real life. Suarez international is the only school I know of teaching real world training. So I recommend to take their Basic handgun in Olympia. This will get your basics out of the way.
<broken link removed>
Then follow it up with this intermediate class. This will build on what you have learned then teach you the defensive shooting. This one is in Phoenix but if you watch their schedule or call them they can schedule one in Seattle area.
<broken link removed>
Then follow that up with this advanced class. This one is in colorado but they also have this class in Vegas several times a year. This is the best handgun class you could ever take. You will learn reactive gunfighting that will get you out of the line of fire and put you on the offense. At the end of the class you will be able to put all your rounds on target while on the move at full speed.
<broken link removed>
This is just my opinion from someone who's spent a lot of money unnecessarily on schools that didn't teach me the handgun skills that are needed in the real world.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top