JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's the well known light trigger strike syndrome, some rounds simply will not ignite. I am going to try Federal primer reloads first, but would prefer it shoots everything.. I am in the Lacey, WA area. Any takers?

CDNN long ago sold out of the parts except for the mags.. I bought 6 of them so I do have spare mags. I need a repair to the trigger bar (slippage of some sort, that is what I have read)

There was an ex employee of Autauga who was doing this repair but he is now MIA

I believe you ment, "a light fireing pin strike".

Just guessing from the design, I would bet there is no hammer
and I would look into replacing the spring around the firing pin.

Jack...:cool:

I believe you ment, "a light fireing pin strike".

Just guessing from the design, I would bet there is no hammer
and I would look into replacing the spring around the firing pin.

Yes I was in a hurry, my bad. it does have a regular DA only trigger/hammer system. The problem is obvious, the hammer is not fully drawn back because the trigger bar/sear is too short. I am going to try manually dropping the hammer from full rearward position with a glove on my hand to protect against the slide and only the chamber loaded.. I bet it will be 100% ignition. I may try to make a new trigger bar out of sheet stainless

Spent some time cruising the WEB.
Nothing even close to current on that piece.
Sorry, looks like you have a tinker project, or write-off.

It would probably be a fun project. I remember once, a
"friend" gave me an old Reising .22 pistol detail stripped
in a film can. Problem was, when I finally made it work,
he wanted it back.

Spent some time cruising the WEB.
Nothing even close to current on that piece.
Sorry, looks like you have a tinker project, or write-off.

It would probably be a fun project. I remember once, a
"friend" gave me an old Reising .22 pistol detail stripped
in a film can. Problem was, when I finally made it work,
he wanted it back.

It's so close, feeds and works great except some primers do not fire, maybe special sensitive handloads will fix it.. it needs to fire less than a few mags in it's real world service life, max

I believe "Federal" primers are the most sensitive. They're not recomended for "Floating" fireing pins, such as the AR.

Yes, that is what my research indicates.. I also have an Italian .38 Special derringer with a similar issue, one of the barrels does not always fire.. maybe 1,000 Federal primers can solve both issues

That derringer loves my cast LSWC hollowpoints and is very accurate, just fails to fire once in a while. I hope to get both guns perking again

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top