JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe a bit of oil / lock ease / KROIL etc...on the nipple and a needle nose pair / Flat nose pair of pliers or needle nose vise grips...?
Tough to say if this is good advice or not without seeing the issue.
Not sure of any gunsmiths in Portland...sorry.
Andy

Last Edited:
Tried pb blaster and heat. Would turn with a screw extractor but metal is so soft it loses its bite and turns. 1/4 nut extractor will also turn it a little but also lose its bite

Cut a slot in it and use a screwdriver?
Drill it out and use an easy out?
Good old vicegrips?
I'm not a gunsmith particularly, but there's not much I can't do with metal and wood. You're welcome to bring it by my place in Tigard, I'm sure we can get it out.

Visit your local ACE hardware and get a few of the appropriate sized LEFT HANDED ( reverse twist) drill bits and have at those nipples, if your getting any kind of movement, these will walk the nipples right out lickidy split! Little localized heat and some PB blaster and they should come right out!
Never a bad idea to have a full index of lefty drill bits on hand, they come in handy more often then one would think!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top