JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
i'd like to go be a member of Paul Bunyan but they force you to give money to the corrupt NRA.

they should allow you to join and give to a group you feel deserves it
Do you mean outdoor for rifle or indoor? There are several indoor that do not care. As for the one mentioned if I wanted to shoot there I would just consider the pay to the NRA as a part of the price. Hell I pay many K in taxes every year to places that make the NRA look like saints. Not to mention the money I give to places like Comcast and the Cell phone Co, who again make the NRA look like saints. If the range wants you to send a few bucks to the NRA send it or shoot at another. I really can't see why it would be worth a second thought.

Requiring membership in A to get membership in B is ridiculous in my eyes and a reason I hadn't joined ranges in the past. Then I just got tired of going way out of town to a handful of trash heaps that may or may not already have someone there before me shooting yet more garbage. Small price to pay to segregate from the idiots, though I understand entirely where you're coming from.

i'd like to go be a member of Paul Bunyan but they force you to give money to the corrupt NRA.

Is there some money being mishandled and people who need to resign, sure. Do they do more for your rights than any other group, yes.

Fort Lewis rifle/pistol range is open Fri/Sat/Sun. Requires no membership. Just a daily fee and there is no time limit. Rifle side out to 300 yards. All sorts of steel. It can be accessed via the east gate road without having to go into the main cantonment area.

I've wondered about this and did a few searches and got this:

""If a gun range / club has 100% NRA members then the range can request free grants from NRA for range maintenance and classes. The NRA have contacted us several times to see if we plan on changing our membership requirements. The grants are thousands of dollars. "​

Sometimes we forget that the NRA ILA is just a part of what the NRA does. "

Gun folks need to realize the constant media attention on the NRA turmoil is simply propaganda to get us to literally fight ourselves.

NRA is the biggest dog in our fight, turn your back on them, you sort of turn your back on gun owners.

Yes NRA has been publicly shamed via the mainstream media for its issues. But the NRA is me. The NRA is my fellow member. My NRA certified trainer. My NRA grants that go to building public ranges. My NRA grants that go to improving private ranges.

The NRA is not just the top officials.

It's me too.

Gun folks need to realize the constant media attention on the NRA turmoil is simply propaganda to get us to literally fight ourselves.

It's me too.

Now its the "Me Too movement?" Thread took a turn there. :eek:

Seriously, the NRA is me as well. ITs not perfect but its been the most effective tool 2A has had.

It costs me a whoppin $10.00 to be an annual associate member of the NRA.

I find it something I'm gladly willing to pay to stay a member of my range.

I'm not the throwin out the baby with the bathwater...

The NRA is still a great organization, but sure, lots of anti-gun people have glommed onto the 'entire organization' is bad, mkay bandwagon...

They're wrong!

Pierce County Shooting Range

Cowlitz County Shooting Range

And me. I don't have time for anyone that won't work with the NRA and wouldn't want you on any range I shoot on. Time to add to the ignore list.

Goose, I'm a NRA Life Member, but add me to your ignore list. And that goes for anyone that agrees with your attitude. Bob

Patron Life Member too. I am not ready to kick anyone to the curb, rather keep the conversation going. The NRA is not perfect just like most very large organizations. It's not all that much to join, and consider it the donation/help towards the good parts you like they do. They still carry the most clout in the 2A fight, and is the one organization that puts the most effort into notifications in to regions as to what is going on that WILL effect you. That alone is worth the yearly contribution.

Ignoring the problem will not change it. Being part of it and actively pushing for change will.

Tack that on to the cost to shoot at a decent gun club and all the combined benefits = the cost is still low. Bottom line join a good local club and shoot safe.

Come on people. Is this really a hill to die on? I don't like a lot of what the NRA has done, still send them money, don't really care if others do not but to get super exercised over it either way seems a bit much, no?

It's me too … I dont agree with everything the NRA is doing or being accused of but its STILL our biggest friend in this fight and I'll gladly pay the 20.00 to have them on MY side in this fight !!!

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top