JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The report doesn't sound like a mini gun to me. And if it's an Apache (it looks like one) it's probably the forward mounted M230 @ 625/per minute.

Cobra's typically have a 3 barrel gatling and only 750 rounds on board. But really, who knows. It sure was cool to watch!!

Whatever they were shooting from that heli, whatever was on the ground they sure hated...

Longest F_U to the ground I've seen besides an A-10.

(side note: kids today think a Thunderbolt is what's on the back of a Mac computer... we know what a real Thunderbolt is)

Yep that is the M230 chain gun, in 30mm. That helo usually carries about 1200 rounds of 30mm.

30mm-rounds.jpg

Nexter_30mm_rounds_p1220835.jpg

m230.jpg
m32.jpg

Depending on how good the resolution is I could snag a few seconds of video and frame by frame count the tracers and multiply to get a rpm for it.

Do they use a tracer every 10 rounds?

Least it was not a warthog. One of the worst thing I have seen on video was a warthog attacking what they thought was a Iraqi armored column you see the video fizz out as the 30 MM gun fires. then the British soldiers on the ground telling it to Abort the attack.

I don't know if this footage is still around as it was a huge embarrassment on the US over this.

Least it was not a warthog. One of the worst thing I have seen on video was a warthog attacking what they thought was a Iraqi armored column you see the video fizz out as the 30 MM gun fires. then the British soldiers on the ground telling it to Abort the attack.

I don't know if this footage is still around as it was a huge embarrassment on the US over this.

Favorite aircraft by far.

I wasn't in the service and can't imagine the stress and anxiety of being on the ground in battle, but I can imagine the pure feeling of joy and pride being in a life and death situation and having those birds come thundering in raining down hell from above.

It gives me chills just thinking about it.

I wasn't in the service and can't imagine the stress and anxiety of being on the ground in battle, but I can imagine the pure feeling of joy and pride being in a life and death situation and having those birds come thundering in raining down hell from above.

It gives me chills just thinking about it.
Chub inducing, in fact.

Gulf War 1 -
Gulf War 2 -
Afghanistan -
  • 5 December 2006: Royal Marine Jonathan Wigley's death was caused by gunfire from a U.S. F-18 aircraft.
  • July 2007: British Guardsman Matthew Lyne-Pirkis, of the Grenadier Guards, was wounded along with three other allied soldiers of the Afghan National Army after being hit by gunfire from a U.S. Apache helicopter gunship.
  • 23 August 2007: A bomb dropped by an F-15 killed three soldiers of the Royal Anglian Regiment and wounded a further two. During the subsequent inquest, issues such as inadequate communication equipment and incorrect coordinates from a British forward air controller were raised. The coroner finally stated it was down to the "flawed application of procedures" rather than individual errors or "recklessness".
  • 21 December 2009: A British soldier was fatally shot by a US helicopter crew in Afghanistan who thought they were attacking an enemy base. Gunfire from the helicopters left 11 injured on the ground. The coroner criticised the British commanders for the fact Patrol Base Almas was not marked on military maps, for the 'unprofessional' use of grainy images and for insisting there were no friendly forces in the area to the Apache crew.[10]
  • 5 December 2010: Private John Howard was killed by American troops after soldiers called for backup. Private Howard is understood to have died as the low-flying pilot attempted to strafe an enemy target with cannon fire.
In April 2002 the US Air Force dropped a LGB on a nighttime training exercise being carried out by Sgt. Marc Leger, 29, Cpl. Ainsworth Dyer, 24, Pte. Richard Green, 21, and Pte. Nathan Smith, 27, killing them all. All were members of Alpha Company, the third battalion of the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry, who had been engaged in the live-fire exercise at Tarnak Farms. Eight others were gravely injured.

tac

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads