JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all, I have a Ruger Mark II that I really like and it is in need of some help. The firing pin isn't striking with every trigger pull. We are in the Portland area. Thank you in advance.

D

are you the original owner? I have seen mark IIs where the cross pin that acts as a stop for the firing pin had been lost and the gun had been dry fired resulting in a deep groove in the edge of the chamber - as a result the gun would fail to extract so the guy cleaned it up with a moto-tool or a file and it wouldn't reliably fire any longer. I've also seen one that had not been cleaned in quite some time that had enough grime buildup in the firing pin that it either wasn't protruding far enough when the hammer hit or it was slowed down enough from all of the gunk that it wasn't hitting hard enough to set off the rounds. Just a thought... if you have properly cleaned the gun and cant find the problem I understand that Ruger's customer service is pretty good if you don't mind the wait.

Swedish K, thank you for responding so quickly. I am not the original owner. It has had all of the internals replaced with an aftermarket kit. I have and keep it cleaned very well (taken barrel and grips off). I was hoping to find someone local to help me out, but if I can't find anyone then to Ruger it goes.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top