JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll Second the Motion that you look for a regular Range and NOT a gravel pit. I personally think too many people are going to the pits and it's just one of the reasons WE; that's the Royal WE as in ALL of us, are loosing too many of the few Ranges that are left because of it. I know some people don't like Range such and such because there are too many Rules. Well, when we're All in the pits and the Real Ranges are All closed then you can bet that THEY will be coming after the pits even harder than THEY are now.

And, with that I'll get off my soapbox and say Welcome Aboard!

I'll Second the Motion that you look for a regular Range and NOT a gravel pit. I personally think too many people are going to the pits and it's just one of the reasons WE; that's the Royal WE as in ALL of us, are loosing too many of the few Ranges that are left because of it. I know some people don't like Range such and such because there are too many Rules. Well, when we're All in the pits and the Real Ranges are All closed then you can bet that THEY will be coming after the pits even harder than THEY are now.

And, with that I'll get off my soapbox and say Welcome Aboard!
There are several gun range/clubs in the tri cities. Also a nice range/club in Prosser ~~ about 30 miles from Kennewick. I'd check those out first

My soapbox, FWIW, was something of a Shotgun Fired at the whole World. I've been Shooting for something more than a week and I've seen just too many Ranges that have been required to Shrink considerably or that have been shut down completely. I currently belong to a Range that should have been rebuilt bigger and better than it was. I belong to another Group that is looking at Building a new Range that will, hopefully, make up for what wasn't built in the first place. It's not going to be easy but then doing good seldom is.

I'd really like to see another NRA Whittington Center built right here in the Pacific Northwest. I'm proud to say that I have helped in the building of that Range and have been an Instructor at the Adventure Camp. BUT, it's more than an afternoon Drive to shoot there - about 26 hours if you're just slightly CRAZY. If you're scratching your head about now, saying something like Where??? Please, take a look online.

There is a shooting range in Boardman near one of the VAData centers.

If you contact the Boardman PD and are safety minded and respectful of their range, they will most likely let you shoot there.

There is a shooting range in Boardman near one of the VAData centers.

If you contact the Boardman PD and are safety minded and respectful of their range, they will most likely let you shoot there.
Actually it belongs to the county sheriff. That's who to call. You can reserve range time if the local law agencies are not using it.It's a beautiful range,but trashed by shooters leaving targets and junk. Blame the locals for the mess they leave. You have to walk into the range, so targets only seem to go one way ~~IN and not out. I usually can get a P/U load every time I go there,which used to be quite often as it's only 9 miles from home. Heath has slowed me down a little. :mad::mad::mad:

Actually it belongs to the county sheriff. That's who to call. You can reserve range time if the local law agencies are not using it.It's a beautiful range,but trashed by shooters leaving targets and junk. Blame the locals for the mess they leave. You have to walk into the range, so targets only seem to go one way ~~IN and not out. I usually can get a P/U load every time I go there,which used to be quite often as it's only 9 miles from home. Heath has slowed me down a little. :mad::mad::mad:
Cool...thanks. I was working out there and stopped one of the Police cars and asked. The guy was super nice about it.

I always shot at that place near the army depot exit, there is a deep gravel pit right next to the freeway and the pig farm on the south side. A friend and I used to visit the watermellon fields around Hermiston in early fall and haul a pickup load of them out there.

I always shot at that place near the army depot exit, there is a deep gravel pit right next to the freeway and the pig farm on the south side. A friend and I used to visit the watermellon fields around Hermiston in early fall and haul a pickup load of them out there.
That's closed now ~~ Has been for quite a while

Our club has a pretty nice range and very reasonable membership dues. Check out the website:. Tri-Cities Metallic Silhouette Association
The range is witin 15 miles of most of Kennewick. It has concrete benches and covered firing points and target boards at 100 and 200 yards as well as closer for pistol and rimfire. Probably the best option for safe legal shooting around Kennewick, Richland and Pasco.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top