JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for someone who can do a small weld job for me. I have an ace folding stock adapter that I have attempted to weld onto an amd65 stock mechanism to make it work with a triangle stock.

I am not a great welder and it keeps breaking after a few hundered rounds, I do t get a good weld and proper penetration. I'm wondering if someone is good at tig or mig welding this the right way for me...of course I have already gobbeled it up a little lol. Its a relatively small area to weld!

Wouldn't mind shipping the part and of course I'd pay! I'll post some pics soon for better understanding!

Here are some pictures!

IMG_20190817_233551.jpg IMG_20190817_233533.jpg IMG_20190817_233516.jpg IMG_20190817_233504.jpg

Looks like a job for a tig welder but I'm wondering what the materials are... some metals are not compatible with being welded.... alloys come to mind.

Well, the problem I'm having is that i don't get enough penetration into both parts and then the weld eventually cracks. Thats because of my lack of skill with the welder. Thats why I'm asking if anyone is good at maybe tig welding. Both parts are steel.

That last photo shows you have a "cold" weld by the filler having a bubble look to it, not flowing into the base material. As you indicated poor penetration.

When your weld fails is it by your weld, or the weld its self cracking? If its by the weld it also could be the base material. If its powder cast, its not going to weld correctly.

If its all mild steel like 1018/1020 it will TIG up good. However MIG will work well too with proper power and wire size.

However flux core can do it. Clean away the area (grind) and make a decent V. Next up pre-heat the area if you can before you weld. Do a small root weld in the low part of the V. stop clean it good, then put a cap weld on top. Flux core welds hotter than solid of same size and power so you do have an advantage.

Oh and please don't weld inside your bathroom! Fires suck.

My weld fails right on the edge by the material. Usually on the side that didn't get properly penetrated due to my lack of technique. There is nothing cast about those parts!

Well the "Bathroom Welding"... I've build a large box that I cushion with wet towels to contain the spray from the weld, works real well. but agree, fires suck!

Okay I just tried it again with the v groove cut and more feed speed.looks like it penetrated way better. However, i gotta shape it back to spec so it fits into my trunnion. I'll report back if it breaks again :/

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top