Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Any good meat lockers near southwest Portland

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by brickman, Aug 22, 2010.

1. brickman

brickman Tualatin Member

I am looking for a new place to take my elk (if I get another). I used to have my brother-in-law cut up all my meat as he was a butcher for 17 years, but he lives too far away now. I used a place last year that I wasn't all that happy with. I am a bow hunter from Tualatin and will be driving back from the Wilson zone with the meat if successful, but I am willing to drive a little out of the way if needed. Anyone have suggestions?

2. marcuswaage

marcuswaage just west of you Member

Meating place (off cornelious pass road) Steve has always done a fantastic job for me and my friends for 20+ years. I have also used Frontier in Carlton.

3. brickman

brickman Tualatin Member

Thanks, I'll check them out.

4. brickman

brickman Tualatin Member

Marcuswagge, I couldn't find the Meating Place on line. Do you have a phone number?
    Also, have you or anyone else heard anything about Shy Ann Meat and Sausage Co. in Oregon City?

5. packed

packed Molalla Member

I have had game processed at both Shy Ann and Sausage Kitchen. I preferred the Sausage Kitchen over Shy Ann but I dont think that they do cutting. I have had pigs processed at Shy Ann with good results. Another option to look into is WB market in Oregon City off of Pearl Street. They will hang and cut it, but I am not sure about processing into pepperoni or sausage.

Rich