JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Had to replace my barrel in my Colt 1911. Ordered the new barrel, pin and barrel link from Midway USA. Assembled the parts and took the gun out yesterday to shoot. Nearly every round jammed!!!

Looks like the throat or feed area from the clip to the chamber was not widen enough to allow the bullet/shell feed into the chamber.

I even had a few rounds that would not "fit" into the chamber.

So I'm looking for a good gunsmith that can help solve this issue.

Thanks,

Had to replace my barrel in my Colt 1911. Ordered the new barrel, pin and barrel link from Midway USA. Assembled the parts and took the gun out yesterday to shoot. Nearly every round jammed!!!

Looks like the throat or feed area from the clip to the chamber was not widen enough to allow the bullet/shell feed into the chamber.

I even had a few rounds that would not "fit" into the chamber.

So I'm looking for a good gunsmith that can help solve this issue.

Thanks,

Mike @ Tornado Technologies

http://tornado-technologies.com/

I know you said west of Portland, but it might be worth the drive to John Semm on Lombard off I-5. I live on the west side, but it only takes minutes to get to his shop. Shooter's Service. 503-289-1280. I would call first. He is a real nice guy.

I can give John a call...don't mind driving a little to get/find a good gunsmith, was just hoping to find someone over on the westside.

Only thing that concerns me is the comments that he doesn't have or maintain regular hours.

Guess I'd have to call each time to dropoff/pickup just to see if he was open.

What kind of work did you have done and were you happy with the price and workmenship????

:cool:

I have had some work done at Al's Gun Shop in Forest Grove. They did right by me. My work was just a couple of trigger jobs. One on a M70 Winchester bolt action and the other on a SA 1911. You might give them a call.

I know you said west of Portland, but it might be worth the drive to John Semm on Lombard off I-5. I live on the west side, but it only takes minutes to get to his shop. Shooter's Service. 503-289-1280. I would call first. He is a real nice guy.

Hey, that's right near my school! I think I'll pop in sometime this weekend and see if he can widen the mag well on my CZ.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top