Any good firearm books to recommend?

Reactions
I've been around guns all of my short life, and I've fired and cleaned my fair share. But aside from safety, my actual knowledge about the intricacies of firearms is quite limited. When I hear people talking in the gunshop, I back away slowly lest someone ask me a question I ought to know, and don't.

So, hands on experience around people who are in the know isn't a real option, as I don't know all that many people in my neck of the woods. So I'm wondering if anyone has any book recommendations. I'm not sure that I need "Guns for Dummies" although, I suppose, if someone here thought it was worth a read I would give it a shot :s0114:.

I'm more into learning the manufacturing of guns, a look at the different materials that go into the firearm, etc. I enjoy reading so don't be sparse with it. I'll read anything recommended. The only thing I'm not looking for is fiction, mostly because my shelves are swamped with gunplay :p.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course Webinar (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Washington, USA
Rimfire Challenge Feb 13th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Vendor
    I have not been to the shop yet but have purchased from him online, and all I can say is PERFECT! You could not ask for a nicer, more helpful guy...
  • Paul A Martin Historical Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great shop, selection and atmosphere
    One of the better firearm shop experiences I’ve had, Paul is very patient and helpful. Definitely going to be a repeat customer even though it’s...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Service! A+
    Steve is a very nice guy and very easy to work with. I've done business with him a few times and will continue to.
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great guy!
    Steve is a great guy to deal with!
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Nice Home Shop
    Had what I wanted at a good price. Messaged me when in stock.
Top Bottom