JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Title says it all I know a lot of areas don't allow shooting at night so I figured I would ask if anyone here has some good spots isolated where it would be feasible to shoot in low light and darkness with night vision.

Last Edited:
Title says it all I know a lot of areas don't allow shooting at night so I figured I would ask if anyone here has some good spots isolated where it would be feasible to shoot in low light and darkness with night vision.
Talk to sheep/cattle farmers maybe even find out where there's a target rich environment.

On state and federal lands, you can shoot up to a half hour before or after sunset. It's pretty dark at that time. I got some fun night vision shots within that time frame.

There are good spots but they're pretty far out. 1.5 hr drive from pdx. Didn't you say you rolled with Hop? It looks like he has night shooting spots. Probably wanna run a suppressor as well.

If you still need a spot, I'm getting a goon crew together for some night shooting, pm me.

There are good spots but they're pretty far out. 1.5 hr drive from pdx. Didn't you say you rolled with Hop? It looks like he has night shooting spots. Probably wanna run a suppressor as well.

If you still need a spot, I'm getting a goon crew together for some night shooting, pm me.
Where and when?

Where and when?
we usually do day shooting with someone before we night shoot. area would be innawoods, 1/5-2 hrs from portland or vancouver depending on the spot.

PS: there's a few 3gun matches coming up around pdx / vancouver area that you could attend with us.

PPS: I'm assuming you have firearms fundamental skills, nods, optics, IR devices and your firearms squared away.

we usually do day shooting with someone before we night shoot. area would be innawoods, 1/5-2 hrs from portland or vancouver depending on the spot.

PS: there's a few 3gun matches coming up around pdx / vancouver area that you could attend with us.

PPS: I'm assuming you have firearms fundamental skills, nods, optics, IR devices and your firearms squared away.
@Nocaster @Geardo

Of course not. Would it be north, south, east, west of PDX?

Hops got some spots but they are a ways away from me 2+ hours there. Was wondering if there was anywhere closer.

You might check your area clubs.

Used to use night vision occasionally at ARPC in the winter on the main range when we lived up that way.

Our current club only allows shooting until sunset, or 8pm whichever is first.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top