JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Leupold made a reproduction of the Lyman Alaskan (called the Leupold Alaskan for some strange reason) which was a 7/8" tube scope. I think the Lyman was only 2.5 power but the "reproductions" were 2.5, 4x and 6x. I have the 4x. It is a very nice if plain scope, looks very old fashioned but the glass is probably better than the old Lymans. It is a steel tube and pretty heavy. I will never sell it, but if lucky you might find one used. I also found some rings that fit the scope, not common but they exist. I might take a pic if you care.

An example:
<broken link removed>

Provincial is correct! The mount is stamped N3 in very small letters I hadn't noticed earlier. That opens up more information, most of it dead end. The close pairs of holes are 3/8" center-to-center. The middle pair of holes is 2 3/8" c-c. Total length of the base is 3-1/2".

The Alaskan scope would be a nice route if it didn't cost as much as another rifle. I think I'll improvise for now and keep the old parts.

PM to JBett.

edit: The Weaver #2 Side Mount Base shown on Brownells looks close. I have an email into Weaver.

Thank you,

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top