JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
hoodyhoo sarge, yup, o wait , which are you referring to? Slim, optics ready or did I miss sumptin?
Glock? I feel like I missed sumptin. o I guess I'm just in a mood, not at you personally. Just thought I'd take the opportunity to make 1st reply. A fair new come alongster. A friend told me of this site about a month or so ago, I bought a Sig Scorpion Emperor 1911 ACP. I like it here. Itz all warm & cozy!
respect to you & your service. I believe "sir" is appropreate for this ocassion. damn, I need to go back to school to larn to spell again. I've hooked on "spell fixer". I got to go before I'm not 1st in line any more. buy, buy...

Glock is probably thinking.....
Yeah.....anything to capture more market share.

Do I want one?

NO. It's just more weight (to possibly pull my pants down) and more things to get caught on (while possibly drawing).
BUT.....my son loves these sort of gadgets to add/hang on to his CCW. Huh....CCW? Rrrrright.....

So then.....
Whatever....it's YOUR money to spend.

AND.....I'm NOT a Glock fan.

Aloha, Mark

Great. Another opportunity for those with GDS (Glock Derangement Syndrome) to chime in how much they dislike Glocks, how they feel like a brick, never innovate, and just don't feel right for them.

As to the actual subject; good for Glock and for those that prefer optics on their carry guns.

I have a G19 Gen 5 MOS and the Burris Fastfire III I mounted on it is the exact same width as the slide. If I put that optic on one of the slimline Glocks, it would kind of look goofy. I imagine they make narrower optics, though.

Revolvers are having a renaissance...and sure I like em, I have 2, but 5 or 6 shot maximum...not for me except range only...not for self defence...unless you're feeling lucky...punk.

by & by, I've been a glock fan since about 1988 or so. I've owned 4 or 5 but i'm down to a G19c.
Which I enjoy very much. It is my main CCW. Seems to me as well that there are some reasonable G23 in the classifides here lately & I've almost jumped on a couple myself but I am well heeled at this time & not a jonny come lately & the sellers are not just down the road.
Who else thinks that it's amazing how many polymers have appeared & what about that "safe action" trigger. Yup, seen a few from other manufacturers who jumped on the bandwagon 3-4 decades later. As I recall the major nasayers at the time was that it was a new fad to sell firearms & would never make mainstream. :( Stay safe neighbors & don't forget November. This will be worse than Obamination if the current dumbassacrtic party manages to parley the elections into something, I am so bold to say here, sumptang none of us here would be supporting. Am I wrong?

Not trying to be a smartrear but, why respond here then?

I'm not into the optics on my hand guns but, thought some who are, may find this interesting. Always good to have choices.:s0155:

When I was "much younger". I actually owned a Gen 2 Glock 19. It wasn't for me.

Does someone really have to be a "GLOCK FANBOY" in order to comment? Well, since I actually owned one (meaning: a Glock).....I figured that maybe? Awww....FORGETABOUTIT.

Aloha, Mark

PS.......Since you started with.....

Any Glock fans heard of this?

OK, I don't qualify as a "Glock fan". So, I'm out of line for commenting. I apologize to everyone. Carry on.

Last Edited:
If Glock is the issue, yeah. I also have a G 19. Their slim line g43, that pretty much owned that market only had 7 rounds.
Sig came along with the p365. 11 rounds then 13 then 15.
Glock responded with with the 43x then the 48. AND yes they are offered with the optics cutout.

If the issue is optics on a slim line anything. Yes again. Not for me. My carry is my p365 with a 12+1 and a 15 round spare. I also don't need more bulk after trying so hard to get it small.

Now I do have optics on my "Serious Encounter" G19 house gun. But given ANY amount of time, I do away
with compact and reach for my Mossberg 930spx.

Mossberg 930spx.jpg

I'll probably get a slimejim Glock if I saw one in a shop. Although I like the thickness of the standard Glocks. I like my Glocks like I like my girls, dogs and coffee; THICK and BLACK. But thin and black is okay too. Just not the coffee >:0

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top