JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I built one of them there 80% Glocks and even with an Overwatch trigger, heavy trigger reset spring, light striker spring and a heavily polished connector it's a 6 pound trigger that feels like an 8 pound trigger. And the creep... my God.

So I figure something's gotta be wrong, but this is my first "Glock" so I don't know what to look for.

Are there any shops in the area known for tuning and modifying Glocks like Curt's is known for modding ARs?

@ORYGUNHolsterCompany hit Ryan up. He's worked on a few of mine. Not sure of his experience with 80% lowers but he sure knows the ins and outs of Glocks. He is the only person I let work on mine.

It is what it is not a glock it's a gun you built bury it in your back yard and dig it up later when you need it lol I got a spot you can bury it in my yard right next to my poly 80 AR PISTOL HEHE

Good thread, at least in my interest. I bought a Glock 22 that double fires, so I don't shoot it until the problem gets fixed. I'm afraid that the second shot may possibly fire out of battery

Mmmmm and it's illegal basically a machine gun
No it's not illegal. It is possibly dangerous. It doesn't fire in full auto or even burst for that matter. It double fires on each trigger pull. It can be dangerous to the shooter if the second round fires out of battery, especially a high pressure cartridge as the .40S&W. I'm certain it can be fixed by someone who knows the Glock pistols platform. I just need to find that individual

No it's not illegal. It is possibly dangerous. It doesn't fire in full auto or even burst for that matter. It double fires on each trigger pull. It can be dangerous to the shooter if the second round fires out of battery, especially a high pressure cartridge as the .40S&W. I'm certain it can be fixed by someone who knows the Glock pistols platform. I just need to find that individual
Sounds like something wrong in the firing pin I don't know I have gen 4 glock 22 never had that problem but I have put all kinds of after market stuff on it all zev Tech stuff

This is a gen3 glock and I'm not the original owner. The stainless looking pins tell me it's previous owner must have had something done to the trigger mechanism
He probably change the trigger parts lol but I'm not really positive about this but if he put gen 4 parts in a gen 3 it might be the problem because I think some of the part's are not interchangeable

They also have a long firing pin and a short pin I made the mistake of buying the long one when I needed the short but my gun would not even feed a round the pin would stick out and catch the shell when it was going to battery

This is a gen3 glock and I'm not the original owner. The stainless looking pins tell me it's previous owner must have had something done to the trigger mechanism

Glocks are super simple, tear it completely down, ID all non-factory parts and re-install the proper factory parts and I bet it will run fine.

Sorry OP I have nothing to offer on 80%ers

I would think that a gun Smith with a ffl would not touch a 80% gun because that's part of the deal with a 80% lower you have to do the work your self if a ffl works on it it has to have serial number on it I THINK

From that someone probley put in a ghost connector or they just polish the hell out out of the stock one to get a lite trigger pull it could be a easy fix if that's the problem

Last Edited:
This probably the problem here is my old stock trigger and a picture of a ghost 3.5 connector you can see the difference in colors and the aftermarket ghost connect are not drop in they must be file with a nail file to be adjusted to your gun so if someone did that wrong you could get double fire this can also help the OP with a lighter trigger pull IMAG1247.jpg IMAG1248.jpg IMAG1249.jpg IMAG1250.jpg

This probably the problem here is my old stock trigger and a picture of a ghost 3.5 connector you can see the difference in colors and the aftermarket ghost connect are not drop in they must be file with a nail file to be adjusted to your gun so if someone did that wrong you could get double fire this can also help the OP with a lighter trigger pullView attachment 400345 View attachment 400346 View attachment 400347 View attachment 400348

I tried that, put in a 3.5 pound Ghost connector and it did drop the pull weight by about a pound but I did not like the ratio of take-up to break pressure. The pressure required for take-up was so close to the pressure required to break the trigger that it felt unsafe to me so I took it out. If I pulled too fast, it was too easy to skip staging and just fire the gun.

I've got to think there's something binding, rubbing or catching but I just don't know. I've taken it all apart and inspected everything multiple times, I'm no dummy when it comes to DIY gunsmithing but I know 6 pounds with swapped springs is not normal.

Hey! Can somebody measure the pull weight of their Glock trigger's take-up? That would help me diagnose the problem! My take-up is averaging 3 pounds 10 ounces.

Last Edited:
I tried that, put in a 3.5 pound Ghost connector and it did drop the pull weight by about a pound but I did not like the ratio of take-up to break pressure. The pressure required for take-up was so close to the pressure required to break the trigger that it felt unsafe to me so I took it out. If I pulled too fast, it was too easy to skip staging and just fire the gun.

I've got to think there's something binding, rubbing or catching but I just don't know. I've taken it all apart and inspected everything multiple times, I'm no dummy when it comes to DIY gunsmithing but I know 6 pounds with swapped springs is not normal.
Mmmmm I got the zev trigger and it came with a few different springs lol I got it down to two lbs way to light I switched around different springs and got it to about 3 1/2 to 4 lbs witch is good I can't remember but I think a stock trigger is just over 5lbs

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top