JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just as the title states. Any members who keep fresh or saltwater fish tanks? What do you keep?

I keep freshwater stingrays, catfish and arowana myself. I am working on an aquaponics project (planning phase) as the stingrays I keep produce a ton of nitrate rich waste water.

Is this a test to see if someone here can get all political about fish tanks LOL?

I have kept a few over the years including now. Just freshwater various tetras, danios, mollies guppies etc.
pretty damned easy. When I was in FL I didn't even need a heater. I'm lazy about cleaning, maybe 3x a year and all the fish are long lived. I top it off with water that has been sitting for awhile to get out the chlorine. This helps me rotate my stored emergency drinking water BTW.
I'd love to take it to the next level but no space in my house to do it right.

Is this a test to see if someone here can get all political about fish tanks LOL?

I have kept a few over the years including now. Just freshwater various tetras, danios, mollies guppies etc.
pretty damned easy. When I was in FL I didn't even need a heater. I'm lazy about cleaning, maybe 3x a year and all the fish are long lived. I top it off with water that has been sitting for awhile to get out the chlorine. This helps me rotate my stored emergency drinking water BTW.
I'd love to take it to the next level but no space in my house to do it right.

LOL!

I am jealous of some of the FL folks I talk to. Many of them have outdoor ponds they don't have to keep up on. I have my tanks in my garage and require a lot of heaters in the winter. With a total of 1,080 gallons filtered and rotating I am pretty sure my emergency water supply is in a good position too.

DSC_0179.JPG DSC_0180.JPG DSC_0183.JPG DSC_0285.JPG

wow, that's a handsome looking freshwater stingray?! The ones I used to see when I dived the springs in central FL used to be sand colored and blend in. They were also more diamond shaped, I think they were called skates.

wow, that's a handsome looking freshwater stingray?! The ones I used to see when I dived the springs in central FL used to be sand colored and blend in. They were also more diamond shaped, I think they were called skates.

Thank you!

Yes these are 100% freshwater from the amazon. I have brown rays as well. My large female is about 22" wide in a 500 gallon tank. They are amazing fish to keep. I have more SLR pics at home I can load later. The only downside to keeping rays is the cost of food. They are never technically full.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top