JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
NOT a tutorial, but pretty entertaining. Take a moment to chuckle a little.:D

Boss

PS - There's ALOT of gun legislation in play in Olympia right now...firearms REGISTRATION (yes, registration), mag restrictions, CPL training requirements, etc. Multiple resources for you comment on legislation. Make your voices heard!!!

Reminds me of the time I was on my way home after doing some gun trading with a machinist friend of mine.
Picture this...I'm driving a supercharged '57 Studebaker Golden Hawk, it's 1 AM and I've got my entire gun collection
in the back seat. 27 pistols,14 rifles and 2 shotguns.:D Light traffic, I'm obeying the speed limit, when I pick up a B&W.
He follows me for a few miles and then hits his lights. (Oh Crap!) I pulled over. He asks for the usual, License, registration.
Says, I'm driving too close to the white line.:rolleyes: Then, he takes one look in the back seat, goes back to his car and within
two minutes I'm surrounded by every B&W they had on duty in Menlo Park, California.:eek: 4, or 5. It was a small town then.

I stayed calm, explained where I had been and what I had been doing while I'm sure they were running my numbers and
checking for any reported break ins.:confused: It took about an hour, but as I hadn't broken any laws and all of the guns were
pretty much in plain sight, I went on my way, leaving behind several disappointed LEs. :p (This was 1963)

Reminds me of the time I was on my way home after doing some gun trading with a machinist friend of mine.
Picture this...I'm driving a supercharged '57 Studebaker Golden Hawk, it's 1 AM and I've got my entire gun collection
in the back seat. 27 pistols,14 rifles and 2 shotguns.:D Light traffic, I'm obeying the speed limit, when I pick up a B&W.
He follows me for a few miles and then hits his lights. (Oh Crap!) I pulled over. He asks for the usual, License, registration.
Says, I'm driving too close to the white line.:rolleyes: Then, he takes one look in the back seat, goes back to his car and within
two minutes I'm surrounded by every B&W they had on duty in Menlo Park, California.:eek: 4, or 5. It was a small town then.

I stayed calm, explained where I had been and what I had been doing while I'm sure they were running my numbers and
checking for any reported break ins.:confused: It took about an hour, but as I hadn't broken any laws and all of the guns were
pretty much in plain sight, I went on my way, leaving behind several disappointed LEs. :p (This was 1963)

LOL, first time I ever heard of or saw one of the road side sobriety checks in AZ. Wife and I are coming back from NYE celebration. They have a 4 lane hwy closed. LOTS of flashing lights, huge line. As we creep up signs saying have DL, and insurance ready. I have a 1911, Wife her 5 shot .44. So we put both on the dash. AZ at this time had no CC law. Glove box was ok but since I had no idea what was going on I wanted them in plain. Pull up, Trooper, hand him papers and DL. He looks at my gun, shines light over to Wife's asked me if I could slide my gun over a little so he could read my VIN. Hands me DL and papers back and sends me on my way. I did not know WTH was going on till next day when I read the paper. They were looking for drunks. :s0140:

LOL, first time I ever heard of or saw one of the road side sobriety checks in AZ. Wife and I are coming back from NYE celebration. They have a 4 lane hwy closed. LOTS of flashing lights, huge line. As we creep up signs saying have DL, and insurance ready. I have a 1911, Wife her 5 shot .44. So we put both on the dash. AZ at this time had no CC law. Glove box was ok but since I had no idea what was going on I wanted them in plain. Pull up, Trooper, hand him papers and DL. He looks at my gun, shines light over to Wife's asked me if I could slide my gun over a little so he could read my VIN. Hands me DL and papers back and sends me on my way. I did not know WTH was going on till next day when I read the paper. They were looking for drunks. :s0140:
Never known a woman to carry a .44! Was it magnum or special?

Never known a woman to carry a .44! Was it magnum or special?
Charter 44.SP. Started out life as a "Target" model, 4" tube and adj sights, large grips. I had the tube shortened to 3, and put a set of Frank P's more compact round butt soft grips on it. Ended up with a couple of them as in those days they had not yet perfected the compact auto in large caliber. Often wish I would have kept one of those Charters. Had an alloy frame so they were amazingly light and were easy to handle with good grips.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top