JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just a beginner F/TR wannabee with a Rem 5R .308 and about 1300 rounds thru it. Have my load well developed and my bipod/mat technique down fairly well and can shoot decently under 1moa out to 300yds. Looking for someone to correspond with to move up to longer distances, ask questions, hints/tips, etc. Thanks in advance.

I posted this long ago and am still looking to hook up with some F/TR folks in the PDX area. Have been practicing a reduced course 300yd and want to stretch a little. Have looked at the Douglas Ridge and TCGC websites and cannot find any match dates nor any sense of who to contact. I was fortunate last fall to observe a short course match at TCGC but the fine fellow who ran it is up north now and apparently nobody filled his shoes. I know that Douglas Ridge apparently has some world class F-Class folks out there.

There are a few of us at Clark Rifles/Vancouver that are interested in F/TR shooting.

Thanks for the replies. A few folks here at Clark Rifles are practicing at 300yds with the reduced F/TR targets. Jeez, prone shooting on a bipod is not as easy as it looks, at least for .5moa results. We've noticed a dearth of info/pics of F/TR shooters on the Web and are somewhat re-inventing the wheel with our self-training. We're not doing bad but I'm having a consistency issue. Douglas Ridge (little to no response on our enquiries) and Tri County (nobody knows what I'm talking about in my enquiries) have been dead ends so far. We've picked the internet about as clean as we can so far.

The shooter's influence on the rifle can not be overstated. Many think you can just flop down behind it any old way and get good results. It might be true that you can shoot a good group with an unrefined position, but group to group consistency will be poor (a wandering zero). Getting your position exactly the same every time you get behind the gun is important, as is getting the rifle to recoil straight back so you remain on target through the recoil cycle. Neither can be done well if the rifle doesn't fit you.

If any of that sounds like it might address your issues, PM me and we'll talk on the phone. Much easier than typing.

Douglas ridge has there first long range match Memorial Day weekend. If you interested PM me and I can give you contact info. It's a 2 day match and its from 800-1k about 80 rounds per day. If your interested in getting into it there are some world champion shooters that will be at the match and are very willing to help. While shooting sub MOA at 300 is great is doesn't always equate well to shooting 1k there are many more variables at that distance. Your best bet is to run your chrono data the a ballistics program and make sure your bullet will still be supersonic at 1k. If it will you'll be fine out to that distance the wind may be arise awakening but that's how you figure it out. Like I said, PM me and we can exchange emails or something and I can put you in touch with the match director

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top