JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Down the road I'm hoping to exchange my turret press to a Loadmaster.

Curious if any on the board have experience with it?

Why you say? Because. I'm familiar with their products, powder drops, powder through expansion dies etc...

At $170 for a base it's not too bad to swap my turret heads for other ones and sell the turret press to cover some of the upgrade costs.

Down the road I'm hoping to exchange my turret press to a Loadmaster.

Curious if any on the board have experience with it?

Why you say? Because. I'm familiar with their products, powder drops, powder through expansion dies etc...

At $170 for a base it's not too bad to swap my turret heads for other ones and sell the turret press to cover some of the upgrade costs.

Had one from 1998-2009, loaded 20K+ pistol rounds on it. Had the quick change heads for 45, 40 & 9, using Lee Carbide dies.
Once you set it up and dial it in, it works and works. I found, as far as function, that it produced just as well as my LnL AP, and that it's neither harder nor easier to set up and dial in.
The bullet and case feeders work well and are worth every cent.
If I had any negative thing to say, it definitely feels cheaper than my LnL.
That said, its a tool, has quirks, and if you take the time to learn them, it will produce well for you. As far as the heads, it was "set and forget." The operational mechanics would get sloppy occasionally, I would hear it and make the necessary adjustments.
I would still have it, but gave my complete setup to the guy who scraped me up after a motorcycle accident near Cougar, WA.
IMO, worth every cent.

Thanks for that information.

I have probably 10-12K on my turret press right now. Hard to know exact count but I'm guessing by what I have loaded right now and the amount I've been shooting in the last couple of years.

I have had a loadmaster, a Dillon 650 and started on my dads pro 1000 for a budget press I would recommend the pro 1000 over the loadmaster. The loadmaster is temperamental on good days. I put a shoebox on the shelf above mine and threw the difference between factory ammo and hand loads in every time I loaded 100 (about 20.00 at the time) it took me about a year to have enough in the box to pay for a 650 and sold the loadmaster (less the dies which I still prefer to Dillon dies) for enough pay for the case feeder.

The pro 1000 is half the press a 650 is for a third the price (1.25 times the press as a 550 for half the price. The loadmaster is 1/3 the pess for half the price.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top