JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey folks,

I saw this and it caught my interest. I'm looking for ways to lower the perceived decibels on my rifle. Eventually I'll get a proper supressor but right now I'm planning on moving states and it's not worth the hassle. I know linear comps don't diminish decibel levels but instead push the noise down range.

I like this one because the shield can be removed...which I think would make cleaning easier

https://shop.tacticalbubblegum.com/witt-machine-sme-slimline

But for nearly 1/4 the price I can also get this

I'm looking to lower the decibel at my ear level...are these worth my time?

I have a KVP on my AR9.

I started with a short one and it works well.
After putting a 9" handguard on I went with the KVP XL slim to bring the muzzle out a bit more.
Haven't made it back out to shoot it yet.
G5D2T0Sl.jpg
LpXH3vkl.jpg
GwA5qUrl.jpg

I run them on many of my rifles. The sound levels at the shooters ear are about the same as any muzzle device that is NOT a break. Muzzle breaks are loud. In addition, shooters next to you at the range will appreciate you running them.

Don't spend $200 on one with a removable shield. Total waste of money.
With that being said though, a shield that screws / attaches onto a suppressor mount "may" be useful. Assuming that you don't have enough suppressors to go around at the range.

Another thing, many of them will increase back pressure, so an adjustable gas block, and heavier buffer are going to help keeps things working smooth. Some may disagree, but I simply don't care. A heavily over gassed rifle is no fun to shoot.

I have flaming pigs on a 10.5" 300 blk and a 14.5 5.56, both work well at sending some of the blast down range. Had a KAK flash can on the 300 blk when I first built it and while it was better than a conventional flash hider in regards to rearward blast I feel the pig is a better solution. The pig with my 300 blk allow it to run supers and subs interchangeably.

These are inexpensive, and seem to have the desired effect. It's a one piece Krinkov style.
They are much easier to clean than my nicer Kaw Valley linear comps.

Here is an example of a blast shield for a suppressor mount.

F40E1C73-BBC4-47DE-B55B-8E6E2CD7ED63.jpeg

Last Edited:
Yes, linear comps do mitigate the blast forward of the shooter. Hearing protection is still a must, but they certainly direct the muzzle blast vs other means.

The best are ones with a conical design, at least in my experience. Think of how a flashlight uses a conical mirror to direct the light from its source, but with sound waves.

The Noveske is a booster, like the 4 piece boosters used on Krink AKs. The Smitt Machine will likely act very similar since it's an end cap away from a suppressor. Those like the Noveske pig have one baffle that captures some of the blast gases and uses them to aid in cycling actions. I DO NOT recommend one of these if your rif or pistol is already decently gassed and or already over gassed. It WILL cause further overgassing.

There are many on the market now, so you definitely have plenty of options.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top