JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
does anyone know what the value of this guns is?

mauser 7.62-61

yeah here are a couple for the mauser, it has a 1916 stamped on breach and right above that is a emporer crown, then it was stamped right above that is 1920. Made ready for the war.It is a 3 round holding capacity, and short throw, major curved down "ball" handle. I can't tell if it's a berlin or polish eagle crest stamped on the left side. huge thumb cutout for loading singly. I shot this thing up at larch mtn. and I tell you this thing packs a huge punch and incredibly accurate. The 9mm is standard 15 round plus extra clip with holster. The mauser I found on the net that was the exact same sold for $1900.
mauser-2.jpg
mauser-1.jpg

here's some more info on it

Hi, I am selling/trading a1916rax 98 German sniper rifle 7x61. It has 1916 stamped on breach, above it is a crown, then above that is 1920 for the war. It also has German eagle crest on left side of breach. It has Capital ''B'' with crown on top of it. It has a decent bushnell scope with weaver rings as well. I have 2 boxes of 7x61 norma rounds. I also have a taurus pt92 9mm with extra clip and holster. What I'm looking to trade is a ar15 doesn't matter of make. I have had this gun looked at and compared to other snipers online and it sells for at least $1800 for this model

any input would be greatly appreciated

It might be worth $1800 if it was a WWI sniper rifle in original condition. This one has a replacement sporter barrel and stock, and the action has been modified with scope base and receiver sight holes, and the bolt handle bent. Now it is just another nice Mauser sporter worth about $300.

An original would look something like the bottom one here:

Mauser-98Bannerman-1921-Pic1.jpg

Or this one:

WWI_sniper.jpg

Bruce

Need a little enlightening here. What the heck is a 7.62x61?

7.62x63 is 30-06
7.62x51 is 308/7.62 NATO (I know--not exactly the same)
Argentine Mauser is 7.65
8mm Mauser is 7.92
It sure as heck isn't Russian---7.62x54R,

So what is 7.62x61?????

Need a little enlightening here. What the heck is a 7.62x61?

7.62x63 is 30-06
7.62x51 is 308/7.62 NATO (I know--not exactly the same)
Argentine Mauser is 7.65
8mm Mauser is 7.92
It sure as heck isn't Russian---7.62x54R,

So what is 7.62x61?????

**** if i know,, but thanks for all the info guys. im glad i checked here before i got ripped off

If it's a 7x61, it's a 7x61 Sharpe & Hart. Ballistically similar to a 7mm Rem Mag. If this Mauser was reworked by Sharpe & Hart, it could be worth some decent bread to the right buyer.

7x61 Sharpe & Hart came out in the 50's. It might be a custom gun built in that caliber. Kind of surprised that it would be built on what appears to be a small ring Mauser? There were certainly plenty of large ring 98's available cheap post WWII.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top