JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know there are several. I'm one, just coming up on my first anniversary out there. I like it, but it's a drive from my house, so I don't get there as much as I'd like. Much better option than going out into the woods.

I'm one, just coming up on my first anniversary out there. I like it, but it's a drive from my house, so I don't get there as much as I'd like. Much better option than going out into the woods.

Same here, it is a minimum of 45min each way from my home on roads that often get jammed up with traffic that can double the drive time:( I really like the facility and the folks I have met when shooting there but I got accepted to TCGC last month and that cuts my drive in half and all on back roads for me. So I won't be renewing my DRRC membership :(

Same here, it is a minimum of 45min each way from my home on roads that often get jammed up with traffic that can double the drive time:( I really like the facility and the folks I have met when shooting there but I got accepted to TCGC last month and that cuts my drive in half and all on back roads for me. So I won't be renewing my DRRC membership :(

TCGC is about the same drive for me. With a long waiting list, I'd prefer to stick with DRRC myself. I usually don't see it get as busy as TCGC, which is nice. And the folks at DRRC have been great.

The closest to me is Canby Rod and Gun, about 10 minutes from my house. I've been on the waiting list there for 2 years, and they expect another 2 years. But honestly, I'll probably pull my name from the list. I think DRRC is a better club fit for me, even with the drive.

Enjoy your new membership at TCGC.

I'm not afraid to say I am, while I have been going there for years for uspsa pistol comps and 3-gun comps I have only been a member for about 6 months. I'm lucky the fact that they are only 15 min away from my house and I go at least once a week.

I've been a member for two years. The first year I'd drive down from Vancouver, BC to shoot; now it's only from Portland. Either way, worth the drive. Great club!

I'd gladly take anyone as a guest, just PM me.

Don

I'm a noob there compared to some of these folks, in fact, I just sent of my 2nd year dues this last week. But, growing up, my father was a member who shot trap there regularly, I even spent part of a summer there working on the trap range. Kind of fun to come back after all these years.

Made a visit about 8 yrs back on a public sight in weekend before hunting season and was treated horribly. Will not give them another chance after way I was treated, even telling them I was a newbie for rifle hunting, but had archery hunted previous 10 yrs.

Made a visit about 8 yrs back on a public sight in weekend before hunting season and was treated horribly. Will not give them another chance after way I was treated, even telling them I was a newbie for rifle hunting, but had archery hunted previous 10 yrs.
What happened?

Am a member for a couple years now and even though it is a drive (about 45 minutes), they have all the facilities I want for all types of firearms, they are low key folks and I can get there on weekdays (sometimes, only there by myself), so crowds aren't a big deal. Besides, me and the little guy can go out there and on the way back, we can stop off for some grub and make a half day of it (and a memory), so I don't mind the drive.

And having sampled ranges throughout the valley and in the PNW, I can do the things I want at DRRC (draw from the holster, multi distance long range, tactical problem solving), and IMHO, without all the RO micro focus on super-safety that I have gotten at TCGC.

Am a member for a couple years now and even though it is a drive (about 45 minutes), they have all the facilities I want for all types of firearms, they are low key folks and I can get there on weekdays (sometimes, only there by myself), so crowds aren't a big deal. Besides, me and the little guy can go out there and on the way back, we can stop off for some grub and make a half day of it (and a memory), so I don't mind the drive.

And having sampled ranges throughout the valley and in the PNW, I can do the things I want at DRRC (draw from the holster, multi distance long range, tactical problem solving), and IMHO, without all the RO micro focus on super-safety that I have gotten at TCGC.

That flexibility, coupled with ranges that aren't overly crowded are the things I really like about DRRC. And so far, everyone I've met there has been a decent person.

Things have changed. We had a lot of old bastages who likedto piss up peoples legs when there was any hint of a safety violation. In there defense, I have personally seen guys come out with the wrong ammo, not enough ammo and one guy had ammo in a leather pouch from the last hunting season that had turned green. Other cases include this big bruiser of a guy who brought his favorite stinky pillow to place between his rifle and shoulder to lessen the pain of a 300WinMag...lol

PS...I've also seen guys show up that made me think it best to stay out of the woods during hunting season.

Friend and I never made it past the bore sighting table. 2 gentlemen working that section talked down to us and others so badly we walked. I've never been back. Drive by their range all the time and wish I could get past that one experience, have been to other ranges as a guest and was given great treatment for being a newbie.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top