JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just picked up my first "hobby grade" drone the other day. It is impressive what tech gets packed into a small package. I've had several toy type ones in the past but this kicks it up a few notches. It has a 12km range (haven't tested that yet) but I've only taken it about a mile and a half away so far. I can fly it while viewing the camera view. I can't wait for this summer to get some awesome shots of the kids getting pulled behind the boat! The drone I got is a DJI Mini 2, also got the combo that comes with three batteries. Each batt pack is rated at 31 min of flight time but with the cold and wind I've only had it up for 25 min and still had plenty left. The coolest thing is it's a single button push, no matter where it's at, and you can set the remote down while it comes back and auto lands. I can't wait to get out and do some long range shooting and use this to go check the targets!!!

Wife and I bought a couple toy ones years ago when they started to get super cheap. Just to get the feel of them. Gave them to a co worker who had kids. The real good ones like it sounds you bought keep getting better and cheaper so it will be fun to watch this thread. May temp me into taking the plunge on a real one too :D

Just picked up my first "hobby grade" drone the other day. It is impressive what tech gets packed into a small package. I've had several toy type ones in the past but this kicks it up a few notches. It has a 12km range (haven't tested that yet) but I've only taken it about a mile and a half away so far. I can fly it while viewing the camera view. I can't wait for this summer to get some awesome shots of the kids getting pulled behind the boat! The drone I got is a DJI Mini 2, also got the combo that comes with three batteries. Each batt pack is rated at 31 min of flight time but with the cold and wind I've only had it up for 25 min and still had plenty left. The coolest thing is it's a single button push, no matter where it's at, and you can set the remote down while it comes back and auto lands. I can't wait to get out and do some long range shooting and use this to go check the targets!!!
You got your Part 107 license? If you're going to fly it beyond your visual range, what's your plan to make sure you're not a danger to anyone else in the airspace?

You got your Part 107 license? If you're going to fly it beyond your visual range, what's your plan to make sure you're not a danger to anyone else in the airspace?
I read into all that, I'm keeping it line of sight for now. It weighs under their limit so no 107 needed. I'm just getting familiar with it now, if I get some more confidence in the machine later I may get the 107 and see how far it really goes.

I read into all that, I'm keeping it line of sight for now. It weighs under their limit so no 107 needed. I'm just getting familiar with it now, if I get some more confidence in the machine later I may get the 107 and see how far it really goes.
As a private pilot, I'm glad you're approaching this with some thought. Pretty much all aircraft have ADSB-out now, and there are phone applications that would give you picture of local traffic. Good thing to have so you can stay out of the way and don't end up killing someone like me.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top