JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Most exiting news Neil Blomkamp is in the process of writing the long awaited sequel to District 9 . This sci fi movie set in South Africa features some incredibly creative and exotic alien small arms. It also featured Galil rifles and pistols. This is one of my Top 10 favorite movies of all time. Elysium And Chappie are also terrific Blomkamp movies and feature cool futuristic weapons. District 10 (presumed sequel title) will surely feature more awesome weapons. One amazing fact is that Sharlto Copley who plays the protagonist Wikus ad libbed most of his lines. It makes it very realistic news footage type perspective the movie uses. When you watch it again with this in mind you can really appreciate his outstanding work.

Here is my tribute to District -9. This is a micro galil pistol In 556. It is a proximate of the R4 and R5 South African version Galils shown in the movie.

MNU is multi-national union in the movie.

There was a replica bullpup made copy of the movie rifle that is built over a real galil rifle. It sold on gunbroker last week for over $16K !!!

so there must be some other big fans out there.

"it's almost like popcorn"

"I want that arm man." (Kind of a pun here since one of the Galil models is called the ARM)

3935DDA3-23DD-421C-B022-F1B646E025AE.jpeg 827D392A-8F2F-42AE-BA8E-076D57F0CBFF.jpeg 92B88C5F-C253-4A73-88D1-281B817BB342.jpeg 11BFB14B-078D-4620-B8AA-8A08EC124934.jpeg 35763323-82E8-4CBE-8F7B-8196C686E596.jpeg

Wow, that's great to hear. I love his style.

Did anybody follow his Youtube channel Oats Studios? There were some really cool short films on there, specifically Rakka and Firebase. I was bummed when they stopped producing content for it.

Is the root theme of D9 about peaceful aliens seeking refuge and then get oppressed by alienOphobic earthlings which in turn force the peaceful asylum seekers to live in squalor?

It's more nuanced and realistic than that.
Not peaceful aliens, but not intentionally violent either.

Paraphrasing: "...something the alien sees as recreational, like setting fire to a building, or , derailing a train are really quite dangerous and disruptive "

Woke AF , wouldn't you agree?

Though I'm quite biased being a favorite of mine I would say it's not "woke" it was made in 2009.

It portrays African warlord gangs, government agency, private r&d business all adequately and realistically capable of evil. The prawns only represent an underprivileged race because they were indeed stuck here without resources or leadership and a truly different race. How himams treat them reflects on humanity. But Wicus' eventual sacrifice for them also reflects on our humanity.

I just watched it in the last few days.

In the opening setup , it's either a reporter or maybe an international official whom I was paraphrasing.

It was a perfectly crafted statement of exculpatory wokeness if ever there was. Visionary? Maybe not quite. But definitely maybe so.
Lol

Most exiting news Neil Blomkamp is in the process of writing the long awaited sequel to District 9 . This sci fi movie set in South Africa features some incredibly creative and exotic alien small arms. It also featured Galil rifles and pistols. This is one of my Top 10 favorite movies of all time. Elysium And Chappie are also terrific Blomkamp movies and feature cool futuristic weapons. District 10 (presumed sequel title) will surely feature more awesome weapons. One amazing fact is that Sharlto Copley who plays the protagonist Wikus ad libbed most of his lines. It makes it very realistic news footage type perspective the movie uses. When you watch it again with this in mind you can really appreciate his outstanding work.

Here is my tribute to District -9. This is a micro galil pistol In 556. It is a proximate of the R4 and R5 South African version Galils shown in the movie.

MNU is multi-national union in the movie.

There was a replica bullpup made copy of the movie rifle that is built over a real galil rifle. It sold on gunbroker last week for over $16K !!!

so there must be some other big fans out there.

"it's almost like popcorn"

"I want that arm man." (Kind of a pun here since one of the Galil models is called the ARM)

View attachment 881307 View attachment 881308 View attachment 881309 View attachment 881310 View attachment 881312
I thought it was a great movie.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top