JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lots of places! :D

Lots of the roads off of 26 will bring you to a lot of good areas. The best bet is to just drive around and explore, but make sure you've got a truck/four wheel drive. Some of them can get pretty nasty. :)

There's a few places off of highway 6 as well.

Or, you can come out with us sometime, and we can show you some places. :)

Salmonberry road is west on the 26, like 1/4 mile past the viewpoint, on the left. Turn onto the road, there are a bunch of places to shoot there. Probably 20-25 minutes from where you're at.

Been up on skyline a few times, past Cornelious pass to the north toward sappose. Turn into dirt road. Comes out in scappose if i remember right.

I go near lost lake some times but it's about an 1hr drive from Beaverton. Will have to try some of the other spots mentioned here. WHish I found this fourm sooner!

Anyone going shooting out on the west side this weekend? I'd like to find someplace besides Brown's camp where I can get in a 100yd shot. Need to sight in a couple of rifles before its time to kill bambi. I'd use my family's park but I want to blow up some tannerite also and they frown on that.

Brian

no tannerite, but Clatskanie gun club is doing hunter sight-in days like right nowish. clastskanie isn't too bad a drive, but i imagine tri-county is also doing hunter sight in right now too.

For sight-in, there's a little 100 yard range setup in Vernonia, next to the camp ground. Old guy who owns it is very nice.
Bench, stool, sand bags, spotting scope. Everything you need; Just bring a gun and ammo!

Free, but be kind and use the donation jar. :)

As I mentioned, I can shoot at my family park if all I want to do is sight them in. I'd just like another place to do recreational shooting where I CAN do tannerite. I like things that go boom. The wife isn't that into shooting yet, but she loves the big booms. Gets her kinda hot. :s0155:

Brian

As I mentioned, I can shoot at my family park if all I want to do is sight them in. I'd just like another place to do recreational shooting where I CAN do tannerite. I like things that go boom. The wife isn't that into shooting yet, but she loves the big booms. Gets her kinda hot. :s0155:

Brian

Does your wife have a single sister ;)

Nope, but our 32yo daughter needs to find a husband and move out of my house. Get me a good place to shoot and I'll drag her out with me. She loves shooting the 12ga.

-B

LOL... I need to find a gal that likes shooting and reloading as much as I do... They are cool with it at first but then they want to turn one of the bedrooms that I turned into a reloading room back into a kids bedroom. Then that's when we part ways...lol

She already has two lovely daughters. Find a place with a shop out back and you should be safe for hobbies. Especially if you can find something that's just the right smell that you don't mind and she thinks is horrible. Hmmm... a moldy gym bag maybe?

B

She already has two lovely daughters. Find a place with a shop out back and you should be safe for hobbies. Especially if you can find something that's just the right smell that you don't mind and she thinks is horrible. Hmmm... a moldy gym bag maybe?

B

i spray breakfree CLP all over my shop when i want the wife to stay away.. she literally gags at the scent

i hate the stuff too, and never use it- but it sure is a good wife repellent.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top