Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Any decent places to shoot within 15-20 miles of Beaverton?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by Funggoul, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Funggoul

Funggoul Beaverton New Member

Hey! Looking for a place to do sone plinking outside of Beaverton/Hillsboro? New to the area and am trying to locate a place or two without joining a club. Any help would be great thanks!!!

2. Oakley1wa

Oakley1wa Beaverton, Oregon, United States Member

You'll probably need to at least go to the Tillamook Forest... The quarry out there is ok.. It's about 45 minutes away though.

WAKEJOE! You know anywhere?

3. wakejoe

wakejoe Beaverton, OR Well-Known Member

Lots of places! :D

Lots of the roads off of 26 will bring you to a lot of good areas. The best bet is to just drive around and explore, but make sure you've got a truck/four wheel drive. Some of them can get pretty nasty. :)

There's a few places off of highway 6 as well.

Or, you can come out with us sometime, and we can show you some places. :)

4. Oakley1wa

Oakley1wa Beaverton, Oregon, United States Member

hehehe :)

5. gunnails

gunnails Hillsboro Active Member

Question, is it OK to shoot on BLM land?

6. Brandon44647

Brandon44647 Portland Member

I certainly hope so , I do all the time..... :paranoid:

7. gunnails

gunnails Hillsboro Active Member

======================================================

So you know the yellow gates on BLM land, I am trying to remember what the sign on them says?

Maybe I'll take a drive and go read one.

8. Brandon44647

Brandon44647 Portland Member

I shoot out in Mololla all the time on BLM land. I have never seen it posted for no shooting , There are even a few decent ranges set up out there.

9. fromotoc

fromotoc Downtown Portland, OR Member

Salmonberry road is west on the 26, like 1/4 mile past the viewpoint, on the left. Turn onto the road, there are a bunch of places to shoot there. Probably 20-25 minutes from where you're at.

10. freak

freak Beaverton, OR New Member

Been up on skyline a few times, past Cornelious pass to the north toward sappose. Turn into dirt road. Comes out in scappose if i remember right.

I go near lost lake some times but it's about an 1hr drive from Beaverton. Will have to try some of the other spots mentioned here. WHish I found this fourm sooner!

11. Pukwudji

Pukwudji Hillsboro, OR Member

Anyone going shooting out on the west side this weekend? I'd like to find someplace besides Brown's camp where I can get in a 100yd shot. Need to sight in a couple of rifles before its time to kill bambi. I'd use my family's park but I want to blow up some tannerite also and they frown on that.

Brian

12. Ben Beckerich

Ben Beckerich NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

no tannerite, but Clatskanie gun club is doing hunter sight-in days like right nowish. clastskanie isn't too bad a drive, but i imagine tri-county is also doing hunter sight in right now too.

13. wakejoe

wakejoe Beaverton, OR Well-Known Member

For sight-in, there's a little 100 yard range setup in Vernonia, next to the camp ground. Old guy who owns it is very nice.
    Bench, stool, sand bags, spotting scope. Everything you need; Just bring a gun and ammo!

Free, but be kind and use the donation jar. :)

14. Pukwudji

As I mentioned, I can shoot at my family park if all I want to do is sight them in. I'd just like another place to do recreational shooting where I CAN do tannerite. I like things that go boom. The wife isn't that into shooting yet, but she loves the big booms. Gets her kinda hot. :thumbup:

Brian

15. MWS

MWS Oregon City,OR Member

Does your wife have a single sister ;)

16. Pukwudji

Nope, but our 32yo daughter needs to find a husband and move out of my house. Get me a good place to shoot and I'll drag her out with me. She loves shooting the 12ga.

-B

17. MWS

MWS Oregon City,OR Member

LOL... I need to find a gal that likes shooting and reloading as much as I do... They are cool with it at first but then they want to turn one of the bedrooms that I turned into a reloading room back into a kids bedroom. Then that's when we part ways...lol

18. Pukwudji

She already has two lovely daughters. Find a place with a shop out back and you should be safe for hobbies. Especially if you can find something that's just the right smell that you don't mind and she thinks is horrible. Hmmm... a moldy gym bag maybe?

B

19. Rammer80

Rammer80 Beaverton Member

Hey Wake when is the next time you are going to go out? Im looking to go this weekend just for a little fun since i just started my collection (Savage 64 and Moss Mav.)

20. Ben Beckerich

Ben Beckerich NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

i spray breakfree CLP all over my shop when i want the wife to stay away.. she literally gags at the scent

i hate the stuff too, and never use it- but it sure is a good wife repellent.