JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just picked up a nickel nickel CZ83 and noticed a little slop in the mag release and a very small bit of play in the triggerguard.

Sometimes the mag release will stay pushed too... I took it apart, cleaned & inspected everything. All looked good. Is this just how they are?

The trigger guard isn't bad considering its held in with one pin and tension on a roll pin... I just recall my Makarov being tighter.

I have a 83. It's a later model one towards the end of when they were offering them in the US through CZ USA. I purchased it lightly used a few years ago, and it doesn't look like its seen much use. I have probably only put 100 or 150 rounds through it.

I don't recall encountering the issues you identified with mine. Next time I have it out, I'll try to remember to look at these areas and report back. If you don't get very much feedback here, it may be worth a look through the CZ 82/83 section on the Original CZ Forum.

Is it matching numbers? Might be a fitment issue where the guard locks the slide….or from when they plated it..or just worn. Trying to remember if there is a spring under the trigger guard by the mag release been a while since I had one apart or owned one lol.

The triggerguard and mag release assembly are in one piece.
The guard is held to gripframe with a pin, which is also the pivot point.

Everything is matching, its a newer model.

Nothing else on,the gun indicates excessive use or much wear at all

Idk yeah I was thinking the cz82 I've gotten a few that were mixmatched slide to frames probably Arsenal "refurbs" or thrown together at the distributors…isn't there like a spring that keeps the up tension on the guard? I'm gonna look for a diagram

Idk can't really tell from diagram but looks like just the pin and mag catch components in the guard Ita been years since I've had one apart maybe someone will have a better idea on what would cause the slop 🤷🏻‍♂️ tried to help lol. I was bored anyways :p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top