JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Every time I buy a rifle, I try to lie to myself "this is the last one". I went to a gun store this evening (Precise Shooter in Lynnwood, WA) and I could not resist not to buy another one. I purchased CZ 457 Deluxe in .22 WMR. I saw this rifle in the store and as soon as the store guy passed me the rifle, I had to have it. It is absolutely gorgeous looking rifle. Real walnut stock and all metal built including magazine. It is definitely better made than my recently purchased Tikka T3X (300 Win Mag) and Browning X-Bolt Hell's Canyon Speed (308 Win). This rifle has great reviews and price was $500. Until now I have been shooting 300 Win Mag and 308 Win and I was spending about $800 on ammo every months. I purchased this rifle to be my main target shooter. Does anyone here have one? If so, please let me know how it shoots. What is the favorite food (ammo) that this rifle likes?

Thanks in Advance,

Dan

Every time I buy a rifle, I try to lie to myself "this is the last one". I went to a gun store this evening (Precise Shooter in Lynnwood, WA) and I could not resist not to buy another one. I purchased CZ 457 Deluxe in .22 WMR. I saw this rifle in the store and as soon as the store guy passed me the rifle, I had to have it. It is absolutely gorgeous looking rifle. Real walnut stock and all metal built including magazine. It is definitely better made than my recently purchased Tikka T3X (300 Win Mag) and Browning X-Bolt Hell's Canyon Speed (308 Win). This rifle has great reviews and price was $500. Until now I have been shooting 300 Win Mag and 308 Win and I was spending about $800 on ammo every months. I purchased this rifle to be my main target shooter. Does anyone here have one? If so, please let me know how it shoots. What is the favorite food (ammo) that this rifle likes?

Thanks in Advance,

Dan
I had one about ten years ago Dan. It shoots as good as any Anschultz competition rifle I've fired. at 100 yards I could cover the holes with a fifty cent piece. My Wife was better. I will tell you that it likes 50 grain ammo.

I had one about ten years ago Dan. It shoots as good as any Anschultz competition rifle I've fired. at 100 yards I could cover the holes with a fifty cent piece. My Wife was better. I will tell you that it likes 50 grain ammo.
I appreciate your input. I am looking to get some ammo (heavier grain) for it.

I own a cz 452 military trainer and a cz 452 17hmr full stock and did own a 455 military trainer but didn't like the 455.
I really like the changes they made to the 457's from the 455 and 452 rimfire rifle line. By the why they're fantastic rifles best target rifle for bang for the buck. It's not an anschutz but it doesn't cost a 1k either and they almost shoot as good. My 452 MT will shoot a 5 shoot group touching each other at 100 yards on a good day.

congrats! Check out rimefire central forum in the CZ section and you'll out more CZ's

89CFCFCC-E163-41D0-BAAE-71D32DF524F8.png

22 mag was never meant to be a target round no match grade ammo, some shoots great some not.
I've got a CZ-512 that shoots as good as any .22 mag I've had better then most 1/2"-3/4" at 50 yards and 1"- 1/2" at 100 yards.

The store only had 22 magnum version, so I got that one. I will get multiple ammo and see which one my rifle shoots.
Are cleaning rods that I use for my larger calibers still fine? Of course, I will get correct size tips to screw on.

The store only had 22 magnum version, so I got that one. I will get multiple ammo and see which one my rifle shoots.
Are cleaning rods that I use for my larger calibers still fine? Of course, I will get correct size tips to screw on.
No you'll probably need one that will fit in a 22lr and yes 22mag doesn't have match grade ammo but it may surprise you.

Hello,

My husband and I own 2 CZ 457 Lux 22 wmr rifles.

This CZ 22wmr is MY 2nd ever in my lifetime (I am 70 years old.) 22wmr rifle.

My former beautiful lever action rifle was sold in 22wmr several years ago. ALL of my heavier - beautiful rifles were sold. Handguns long before that time frame.

We bought our last batch of CZ rifles (NIB) from a man who is ON this forum. He is one of our close and trusted friends and a favorite FFL man here out of Montana.

We bought our other NIB rifles in the CZ brand with a full in store CREDIT (From ALL of our former firearm downsizing sales.) in a store up in Ronan that is no longer in business. The owner retired and the entire building was sold. It was in business for a LONG time too. We used 3 specific MT FFL men the most for our downsizing over the years.

My MT husband used a couple of others on and off but that was LONG before I knew him.

We have various brands of 22 wmr ammunition for them too.

With things being CRAZY OUT THERE - this last batch of 22wmr ammo was bought when we could FIND IT and in various specific brands. There are some brands that we FAVOR over others in 22lr AND in 22wmr.

Here you go in 22wmr:

Federal Premium V Shok (NOT shock.) 30 grain Speer TNT - 50 rounds per box.

Federal BYOB Champion 50 grain JHP - jug or bottle - 250 rounds per container.

CCI Maxi Mag 40 grain JHP - Varmint - 50 rounds per box.

Winchester Super X 40 grain JHP - Varmint and Small Game - 50 rounds per box.

A couple of boxes of Hornady Critical Defense which we used in the past too. We have not shot these out of the CZ rifles yet. HCD - 45 grain FTX bullet - 50 rounds per box.

We bought what size boxes that we could FIND in those brand names.

We have bought other brands, the same brands, in various types of bullets and in various grains in the PAST but I will be DIPPED if I can remember them all! We got them while using up our former FULL IN STORE CREDITS from the Ronan store.

(My husband has reloaded since the early 70's and he can shoot HIS .223 and other CF firearms instead of RF - 22wmr and leave MOST of the 22wmr for me too.)

We like our CZ bolt action rifles very much.

We have SEVERAL other CZ 22lr rifles too. ALL bolt action rifles.

Right now, my husband and I do not even OWN a lever action rifle in 22lr or in 22wmr which is ODD for us especially ME since I was really INTO beautiful, heavier, walnut and steel or walnut and brass LEVER action rifles the MOST! From the late 90's and on.

Plus we, especially ME, were into CF and RF lever action rifles AND various Pistol Round lever action rifles that matched firearm calibers with OUR former handguns - single action and double action revolvers.

My husband only owns 2 CF lever action rifles now too. CT made Marlin rifles in 30-30 and in 45-70 calibers. That is VERY unusual for him considering his shooting history and all firearm ownership but he deliberately downsized and consolidated ALL of his firearm calibers on purpose.

He favors BOLT action and lever action rifles. I believe that he favors BOLT actions the most if he had to choose ONE action but he does not have to do that. He has owned semi automatic rifles in the past too. I owned one semi automatic rifle in the past - Marlin Papoose with the blue case circa the late 90's and on.

I own a CZ 457 Lux in 22wmr and in 22lr NOW. Two rifles.

My husband wants to give me one of his CZ Scouts too. I may take one or not. I have not made up my mind yet.

I consider my CZ 457 Lux 22wmr rifle my MAIN rifle with my CZ 457 Lux 22lr rifle as a back up one.

I hope that I typed this okay for you with my BAD arthritic hands. I dug out our boxes of 22wmr ammunition to help you here.

I tried to proof read it for you too.

Excuse any typos. Thank you.

Old Lady Cate
PS: I use iron sights. I only use and like iron sights on all of my former and present rifles too.

My husband did put one scope on one of his Scouts. He hunts and on some of his rifles - he does use scopes but NOT on all of them.

Use a cleaning rod that is made for your rifle. Get yourself a couple of bore snakes in a good brand for your rifle too.

Last Edited:
Hello,

My husband and I own 2 CZ 457 Lux 22 wmr rifles.

This CZ 22wmr is MY 2nd ever in my lifetime (I am 70 years old.) 22wmr rifle.

My former beautiful lever action rifle was sold in 22wmr several years ago. ALL of my heavier - beautiful rifles were sold. Handguns long before that time frame.

We bought our last batch of CZ rifles (NIB) from a man who is ON this forum. He is one of our close and trusted friends and a favorite FFL man here out of Montana.

We bought our other NIB rifles in the CZ brand with a full in store CREDIT (From ALL of our former firearm downsizing sales.) in a store up in Ronan that is no longer in business. The owner retired and the entire building was sold. It was in business for a LONG time too. We used 3 specific MT FFL men the most for our downsizing over the years.

My MT husband used a couple of others on and off but that was LONG before I knew him.

We have various brands of 22 wmr ammunition for them too.

With things being CRAZY OUT THERE - this last batch of 22wmr ammo was bought when we could FIND IT and in various specific brands. There are some brands that we FAVOR over others in 22lr AND in 22wmr.

Here you go in 22wmr:

Federal Premium V Shok (NOT shock.) 30 grain Speer TNT - 50 rounds per box.

Federal BYOB Champion 50 grain JHP - jug or bottle - 250 rounds per container.

CCI Maxi Mag 40 grain JHP - Varmint - 50 rounds per box.

Winchester Super X 40 grain JHP - Varmint and Small Game - 50 rounds per box.

A couple of boxes of Hornady Critical Defense which we used in the past too. We have not shot these out of the CZ rifles yet. HCD - 45 grain FTX bullet - 50 rounds per box.

We bought what size boxes that we could FIND in those brand names.

We have bought other brands, the same brands, in various types of bullets and in various grains in the PAST but I will be DIPPED if I can remember them all! We got them while using up our former FULL IN STORE CREDITS from the Ronan store.

(My husband has reloaded since the early 70's and he can shoot HIS .223 and other CF firearms instead of RF - 22wmr and leave MOST of the 22wmr for me too.)

We like our CZ bolt action rifles very much.

We have SEVERAL other CZ 22lr rifles too. ALL bolt action rifles.

Right now, my husband and I do not even OWN a lever action rifle in 22lr or in 22wmr which is ODD for us especially ME since I was really INTO beautiful, heavier, walnut and steel or walnut and brass LEVER action rifles the MOST! From the late 90's and on.

Plus we, especially ME, were into CF and RF lever action rifles AND various Pistol Round lever action rifles that matched firearm calibers with OUR former handguns - single action and double action revolvers.

My husband only owns 2 CF lever action rifles now too. CT made Marlin rifles in 30-30 and in 45-70 calibers. That is VERY unusual for him considering his shooting history and all firearm ownership but he deliberately downsized and consolidated ALL of his firearm calibers on purpose.

He favors BOLT action and lever action rifles. I believe that he favors BOLT actions the most if he had to choose ONE action but he does not have to do that. He has owned semi automatic rifles in the past too. I owned one semi automatic rifle in the past - Marlin Papoose with the blue case circa the late 90's and on.

I own a CZ 457 Lux in 22wmr and in 22lr NOW. Two rifles.

My husband wants to give me one of his CZ Scouts too. I may take one or not. I have not made up my mind yet.

I consider my CZ 457 Lux 22wmr rifle my MAIN rifle with my CZ 457 Lux 22lr rifle as a back up one.

I hope that I typed this okay for you with my BAD arthritic hands. I dug out our boxes of 22wmr ammunition to help you here.

I tried to proof read it for you too.

Excuse any typos. Thank you.

Old Lady Cate
PS: I use iron sights. I only use and like iron sights on all of my former and present rifles too.

My husband did put one scope on one of his Scouts. He hunts and on some of his rifles - he does use scopes but NOT on all of them.

Use a cleaning rod that is made for your rifle. Get yourself a couple of bore snakes in a good brand for your rifle too.
Thank you very much for your input. I finally got some ammo, so I shall bring the rifle to a range as soon as I have time. I am excited to shoot the rifle.

Last Edited: