JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Excellent reminder. It was also about thanking cops for doing their job right. On that subject, I have this to say:

When cops start apologizing for doing things wrong, I'll start thanking them for doing things right. In the meantime, I'll asssume they think they are omnipotent infallible gods, and in exchange I'll assume they are a danger to our liberty.

Have you been legitimately been wronged by a police officer? If so, have you not been given your apology?

I am related to several law enforcement personnel and hear many of their stories. Their job is difficult and stressful and without them we would have a mess on our hands. Keep that in mind next time you respond to one. It always amazes me to see these video clips of lawbreakers failing to obey the Cops commands....even at gunpoint. The officer says stop...they go, officer says down on the ground, they run. Cops dont get much respect these days......

I will say this, as this subject is very near and dear to me.

I worked with LE for over 4 years. We were in the crap with them. We handled all the enforcement, investigating, the fights, the busts... They just transported to the local jail. The overwhelming majority of these officers are counted among my favorite people, and some were genuine friends.

But in my time in this capacity, I have met officers (from various departments; CHP, Riverside Sheriff, Border Patrol, Temecula Police, and even DEA on one occasion) that should have been ashamed to carry the badge that some of their brothers and sisters had earned. A few examples: Officers that illegally searched a vehicle (unoccupied) because it had hood pins (didn't have to pop the engine compartment to gain access) and nothing else. When I informed them that they couldn't do this (sovereign land), they told me to pound sand. Alright buddy. I reported to their superiors, and they were basically told "Don't piss off security, they work a lot harder than you do." I have met officers that only enforce the laws that they deem necessary. It is not up to the officer to interpret the law. It is their job to enforce it. If I pull 2 grams of Methamphetamine off a suspect, it is their job to arrest that suspect. Many, many, many times, they would refuse, as it is "too much paperwork. Call me when you get an ounce or something."

I have been pulled over because I "was the easiest to catch." Direct quote from a CHP officer. Did I deserve the ticket, yes. Absolutely. I was speeding. But, (isn't there always a "but?") So did the 20 cars around me, as we were all going the same general speed, and we were all breaking the speed limit by 10-15 miles per hour (I was 9 miles over).

The police are NOT governmental watch dogs. They do NOT work for the county, the state, or the fed. They are employed by the citizens of this country. More and more I see police are more interested in being some sort of Gestapo. Over use of tasers, pepper spray, fists, feet... All the stuff that is "less deadly" but no less brutal. I have seen protesters (peaceful, law-abiding, not violent) beaten and gassed and arrested and then released a day later with no charges and no record they were even put in jail. I have seen Open Carry folks harassed, stripped of their weapon, and told they "might get it back" at a later date. This violates every right we have in this state (Washington), and yet it continues to happen.

The good cops need to influence that cops in the wrong, and all cops need reminders of why they have a job to do. They are here to protect and serve us. Not humiliate, harass and abuse.

I am related to several law enforcement personnel and hear many of their stories. Their job is difficult and stressful and without them we would have a mess on our hands. Keep that in mind next time you respond to one. It always amazes me to see these video clips of lawbreakers failing to obey the Cops commands....even at gunpoint. The officer says stop...they go, officer says down on the ground, they run. Cops dont get much respect these days......

I agree. I also think that in the modern age of cell phone cameras, civilian dash cams, and other recording devices- there have been a lot of cops that have been caught abusing citizens... and I am not talking about your garden variety bad guys either... I am talking about pregnant women, grandmothers, and retarded kids getting tasered (sp?). Just because you have the power- doesn't make it right to use it. That crap should be reserved for the real scumbags out there. Bad cops need to wise up and realize that they are probably going to be on the evening news doing something stupid if they abuse their power.

I understand that police can get pissed at the folks that mouth off when they get pulled over for speeding. I personally pull over as soon as it is safe- keep my mouth shut, take my warning or ticket - whatever... if they want to be an bubblegum I hand them my lawyers card and invoke the 5th. I won't get out of the car - if you don't have probable cause to get me out of the car- I am not getting out to get my *** kicked by some storm trooper on a power trip.

I don't draw my 45 on my neighbor when he pisses me off. I'm not going to pepper spray him or use a taser on him(or her) either unless they present a legitimate threat.

I think people see this stuff happening on the news and think "I'm a good citizen, that will never happen to me..." but you get the wrong cop on a bad day and sometimes it doesn't matter what you do.

When you have a concealed carry permit- you are more likely to get a hard time (even though we are the law abiding citizens w/ guns) if you open carry- you are probably going to be taken to the ground and disarmed and roughed up. AND like someone said earlier- you might not get your weapon back- which is totally illegal.

I have dealt with and know some very good 'peace officers' - I think they know when to escalate the situation. That most pregnant mothers don't need a damn taser - they need someone who is polite and understands that a retarded kid is probably not complying with their orders because they aren't capable of it. The cops that don't 'get it' are going to be the ones we all need to worry about in a SHTF situation- or if the government wants to take our guns.

I'm a good 'ol irish boy- I've had a few family members who were cops and honestly they agree with me. They hate seeing a bad cop on the news dragging granny to the pavement. THAT is what makes some normally good people run from the cops - or freak out when an officer starts yelling.

Of course - I think we are living in a nationwide "Constitution free Zone" these days.

I agree...there are "bad" cops....most are not I believe,but there are those out there and not sure what to do about that. The video clips etc may help to change some of this behavior...we can only hope so......

Every time the police go on a massive ticket writing campaign, they say "It ain't the money, it's all about safety." But, would they write tickets if there was NO money in it?? Ha, ha, ha!
And, why are the authorities paying cops overtime to go out on massive hunts to ticket people who don't wear seat belts? Is that the worst road crime? When I lived in Milwaukie, Oregon, every year the city would erect signs bragging about how many tickets the cops wrote to people for not wearing seat belts. I used to think "well, I could get hit by a drunk driver, a reckless driver could run me off the road, I might get killed by someone running a red light, some speeder might cause me to be in a crash (I saw these kinds of drivers every day up there), but at least I won't be hurt by someone because he is not wearing his seat belt!

For the most part,the officers are decent people doing a hard job with folks who don't want to interact with them..speeders,bad guys,etc.

I firmly believe that if we took away their SWAT look and puit them back in blue uniforms that almost all cases of 'brutality' would disapper,..It's a mindset thing.

case in point.
Getting a drivers license in clark county used to mean dealing with uniformed/badged individuals behind the counter.They never smiled and were never friendly.
One year,many moons ago,I went in to renew,and the uniforms were GONE,they were all dressed in civies and were VERY polite and friendly.WHAT A DIFFERENCE.

Thnks for being there,ALL who serve the public's needs.

police go on massive ticket writing campaigns the first and last week of the month here in Oregon city. Any other time you can speed all you want for the most part. Also if its raining I have noticed that OC police will not pull you over even when you deserve it.

police go on massive ticket writing campaigns the first and last week of the month here in Oregon city. Any other time you can speed all you want for the most part. Also if its raining I have noticed that OC police will not pull you over even when you deserve it.

They just camp out on Highway 213 which should NOT be a 45MPH zone.... so easy to go over the speed limit there....

I know its rediculous. Its because of the construction they do at night so I dont see why it cant be 55 in the day and 45 at night. As if 10mph is going to make a difference if a worker steps out in the road. I would like to know how much the OC police have brought it from that speed trap.

If you go 17 MPH over you're going to get a ticket anywhere! DUH!

Excellent reminder. It was also about thanking cops for doing their job right. On that subject, I have this to say:

When cops start apologizing for doing things wrong, I'll start thanking them for doing things right. In the meantime, I'll assume they think they are omnipotent infallible gods, and in exchange I'll assume they are a danger to our liberty.

The attitude's of police department's seem to be the same as most other government agencies. Less respect for the American people and their right's and freedoom's, and more of their knowing better what is for my own good.

I wish we could switch places with the soldiers in the middle east with the cop's in the United States. I think the notion of serving the American people has been lost with a lot of cop's these days. My point is that there seems to be more A-hole's and less hero's in the police forces these days.

I'm tired of hearing what a dangerous tough job cop's have. I'll remind you again of the soilder's in the middle east. Or how about being a commercial crab fisherman in WA or OR. Far more dangerous and they don't have parade's for fishermen killed on the job...

Cop's are supposed to be better than the average person at making decisions under pressure and have better judgement than most of us. If someone is an average Joe thay shouldn't be allowed to be a cop.

I can and do protect myself and my property. The Cop's have failed me in every instance in my life I have asked for help. I still understand the need for police for other people, but I have no use for them personally.I think the bar need's to be raised on who we let be cop's.

And to all you well adjusted level headed hard working cop's,Thanks for your comittment and service.:s0155: I hope to meet one of you some day.

They will never change the rules to make it so you can drive faster. They make money from it and it is a HELP ME HELP YOU attitude. The courts make money and in return the insurance companies get to jack up your points and charge you more money. Speed does kill but EDUCATION is the key in my opinion.
I think it was in Belgium ........... I saw it on TOP GEAR...... anyway........ they teach their drivers how to drive good, how to deal with hydro planing blah blah etc., I don't remember much but my point is that they took the time to teach their people to be good drivers. I've gotten speeding tickets because some R-tard was going 40 in a 55 and it made me mad so I sped up to pass and by the time I cooled off I was noticed and pulled over. YES I was in the wrong but that R-tard that was going under the speed limit should get in trouble as well as I did.
I finally decided to stop driving because I got tired of dealing with the POLICE, TICKETS, and COURTS. I have brought a lot of it onto myself and yes I still have my license. I drive my GFs car from time to time but I think me taking some time off (6months) has made me realize that you don't really get there any faster unless your really hauling butt and even then if it is not a life and death emergency IT JUST NOT WORTH IT.
You don't want to be that idiot that causes a jam due to an accident on I-5 because he/she was trying to get home to play his Xbox hahahahah and those people who talk on the phone and write and eat all at the same time should be hong. Driving while on the cell phone or texting is just as bad as DUI.

"I also think taserings have become so commonplace that people forget that these things can stop your heart if you have any kind of cardiac abnormality or other health problems."

Yeah, but that's only in a very small percentage of cases, However, a well placed gunshot will stop your heart everytime.......

So what would I rather have??????
A rubber non-lethal round can also kill you. But I'm sure you rather have that than a .40.
I would honestly rather have them use real ammunition. Instead of non-lethal. I think more "bad guys" would maybe not be so bad.

Thank You LEOs!!!!

A lot of people say......... OH TAKE IT EASY ON POLICE, THEY HAVE A HARD JOB ...... blah blah blah. First let me say I respect and appreciate what they do, but I only feel that way about the good cops........ not the A-holes that do what they are not suppose to do. No one put a gun to a cop's head and said GO BE A COP, yeah the job is high risk but they are not kids and they chose to do the job. If it's so bad then go work at walmart or flip burgers. Bottom line is that we do need law enforcement but we don't need the attitude. I for one don't need a cop to harass me about something that I am legally doing. I don't need the negativity and I don't need them to protect me because for the most part I can take care of myself. They seem to forget that we pay their checks and they are out there to serve and protect us.
:s0064:
Also since we are talking about cops DON'T EVER TALK TO THE POLICE if you can help it........ you will always do and say something that will be used against you. These videos are a bit long but worth watching.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik <------- part 1

www.youtube.com/watch?v=08fZQWjDVKE <------- part 2

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews