JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What is the general consensus as to what a food shortage is, here in the States? Unfortunately I have never experienced a general food shortage in my 50+ years on the planet.

This sounds like a fair definition:

Food shortage occurs when food supplies within a bounded region do not provide the energy and nutrients needed by that region's population.

Last Edited:
What is the general consensus as to what a food shortage is, here in the States? Unfortunately I have never experienced a general food shortage in my 50+ years on the planet.
Personally I think if there is one, it will be from a natural disaster, or it will be manufactured, like the egg shortage.

Better stock up on grease for the egg machines. And for othe rr things.
Speaking of egg machines.

Screenshot_20230524_004403_Chrome.jpg

Speaking only for my small.family. it's not so much a shortage of food, but a relative shortage of money :rolleyes: prices on food have shot up rather sharply in the last year and half. Compounding that issue are two growing children. Oy. Looks like it'll be cheap food for me and the wife and good food for the kids.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top